Nissan D21 hardbody race truck. Extensive race history.

w650gb500

Former Coors Race Truck Challenge, SCCA and NASA race truck.

According to the logbooks, this truck started life in 1987 and ran its first event at the Rothman's 24, followed by Road Atlanta, Memphis, Mid-Ohio, Sebring, St Pete, Niagra Falls, Brainerd, Lime Rock, Pocono and Milwaukee thru 7/1989. Then I was told that the truck was crashed and sat for years before being rebuilt. It was heavily damaged and "re-bodied" and returned to the track in 1995. I have three logbooks for the truck that show its races until it was finally retired in November 2007.

The truck is what it is. I bought it the way it sits because I felt that it would be a really cool and inexpensive track toy but also for the history that comes with it. It needs a partial restoration or at least a through once-over before returning to the track, your choice. I'd restore it but life and a family health issue force me to sell it. I'm not happy about it, but I won't have time for years to get to play with it, so this gives someone else the chance to own a cool piece of Nissan race history.

I have the truck as you see in the pictures as well as numerous spares(rear ends, front brakes, blocks, heads, transmission parts, electricals, air dam, wheels, and OEM specially modified pistons by Sunbelt specifically for this motor and a spare stock motor. I will be more than happy to discuss any part of the car and answer any questions you may have.

According to the notes that I have from speaking with the previous owner, here are some features of the truck:

- V-6 brakes(2-piston calipers, larger rotors and Hawk "blue" pads).
- NISMO parts: torsion bars, sway bars, de-arched springs and 1-piece driveshaft.
- all stainless steel -AN lines(fuel and oil).
- motor was built by Sunbelt(story will be told to buyer), decked block and front cover, 240Z flat-top pistons modded with cut valve pockets. Spares to build another motor.
- stock 5-speed transmission.
- original CENTERLINE wheels.
- 5.30 rear with a Detroit locker differential(I have not confirmed this).
- stock flywheel with stock clutch(rules!). In my notes there is mention of a modded disc with ceramic pucks. Don't know if its in the truck or not.
- Stillen air dam.

Here is a link to the pictures that I have.

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/w650gb5 ... t=6&page=1

Serious inquiries only please. PM me with your contact information and I will get back with you ASAP. The truck is located in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Thanks for looking,

Dan

$4,500 FIRM for everything that I have related to the truck. If I can't get that, I'll simply store the truck until life allows me the time to properly restore and then enjoy it.

Here's a video of these trucks in action from back in the day.

http://youtu.be/ZnSYj1hAPs0

*** The attached photos are of the truck in chronological order. The first picture is from the original logbook and how it raced in the COORS Series. The second picture shows the truck with the addition of the 4-WD front fenders and NISSAN Motorsports paint job. The last photo is how the truck looks today sitting in my warehouse.***

$3500 CASH takes everything that I have related to this truck.

Possible trades:
- 20' enclosed trailer.
- formula ford "slider"chassis(no engine or transaxle).
- Legends car sedan rolling chassis.
- Chevy LS engine/trans swap.

It's not by choice, but my fiancée is ill and I spend as much time at home as possible.

I have it in my warehouse in Wilkes-Barre, exit 170B off of Route 81.

Back