Nelson Ledges Bonus National results

joecam96

Although the field was thin, Mahoning Valley Region put on a great event with fine end of summer weather.

Saturday Bonus National results:

EP - Robert Doernberg, Caterham; James Schutt, RX7
FP - Scott Lunder, Honda Civic; Jerry Hinkle, Lotus 7; Christopher Patrick, Spitfire; Jeffery Norris, Miata
HP - Joe Camilleri, Scirocco; Debbie LaFond, Honda Civic
DNS - EP Kevin Grout, Porche 914

Sunday Race:

EP - Robert Doernberg, Caterham
FP - Jerry Hinkle, Lotus 7; Scott Lunder, Honda Civic; Christopher Patrick, Spitfire; Jeffery Norris, Miata
HP - Joe Camilleri, Scirocco; Debbie LaFond, Honda Civic
DNS - EP James Schutt, RX7

Joe and I had a great time this weekend and he earned his wins. :applause: Only wish my pole position yesterday had held. As Crew Chief Maurice said, he sent a first place driver to the race with a fourth place car and she was able to finish second with it. Will be getting a lot of attention to the car over the winter hopefully and then next year Joe can watch my back end instead of his mirrors for the entire race. Thanks for racing me clean Joe.

He ran the runoffs in Riverside in 1966. That was 45 years ago.
My guess is you had to be at least 16 to race then so I would say
61?

HINKLE JERRY
SCCA RUNOFFS DRIVER HISTORIES
OVERALL
FINISH
1966 RIVERSIDE MG MIDGET CE GP 11 11 25 21 RUNNING

Jerry is a good friend of mine and we came from the same town in Ohio. He first started racing in an Elva Currier and then a bug eye Sprite. After the 1964 RunOffs at Riverside he bought Joe Huffakers (Sr) winning 1098 Midget that Emett Brown drove. 1965 Was a great time and we went to 10 National races and when we beat Group 44 at Courtland Alabama we were on top of the world. Through the years he has driven many race cars and today owns and drives his Series 4 Lotus. Jerry is in his early 70's. I personally feel that when the Lotus 7's were moved to F, the Series 4 did not get the break that the Series 1,2 and 3 did.

KDENNIS":3s7c3sbs said:
He ran the runoffs in Riverside in 1966. That was 45 years ago.
My guess is you had to be at least 16 to race then so I would say
61?

HINKLE JERRY
SCCA RUNOFFS DRIVER HISTORIES
OVERALL
FINISH
1966 RIVERSIDE MG MIDGET CE GP 11 11 25 21 RUNNING

In those days you had to be 21 years old to have a licence

If the Series 4 needs a break the results at the Glen Double National don't support it. Saturday Ruck 2:10.703 (new record),; Jerry 2:11.184: Ruck wins by 1.5 seconds- Sunday Ruck 2:12.047 (winner) Jerry 2:12.673

Congrats to Scott Lunder for winning his first National race Saturday in his FP Honda Civic Si. I talked with him the other day, and he said him and Jerry had some great battles both days.

Bill Blust":aopy5soc said:
I personally feel that when the Lotus 7's were moved to F, the Series 4 did not get the break that the Series 1,2 and 3 did.
You're gonna get some disagreements with you on that. Same legendary handling of the Series 1-3, but with a more aerodynamic body and a better engine, resulting in the most potent straight line ability I've ever seen out of a FP 7. Looked like a great car, and I won't lie, I kinda wanted to drive it.

Back