Need a part number for longer ARP wheel stud for 1.6 Miata

Think Racing

I've got one hub on my 1.6 Miata that needs an extended ARP wheel stud plus I want to buy a couple of spares. I didn't buy the ones on the car, so I don't have a part number.

The lugs take a 13/16 socket so I'm not sure if that means the stud is a standard thread or something else.

Help?

Fred, if you were to check the ARP catalog/site you would find the longer studs are from IIRC a Corvet/camero. As I recall they are sized by the knurl to fit your Miata hub. It's to late & I'm brain dead at this time. I'll make a note & check in the morning. I've changed these studs on a F Miata.

Per John, see p68 of the ARP catalog. See the Miata knurl diameter & find the approate knurl diameter for another car. For you F car the part number 100-7713 3 1/2 inch long should get the job done. As a side note if you don't need to remove the rear hubs for anything else you can cut a flat on the old stud heads & pound out. You can also install the new studs the same way by cutting a flat on the stud heads. There is a natural clearance spot on the bearing carrier to pound the stud through.

disquek":1dpyns1l said:
There is no need to use a stud made for a different car. ARP makes a stud specifically for the miata.
Kyle

Kyle, there are reasons to have longer than 2 3/4 inch studs on a F production Miata. :wink:

Back