Mid-Ohio Majors static cameras

Mazda Jon

Pretty cool!! Nice to have 2 big monitors so I can watch all 4 and the live timing notes.

http://www.scca.com/events/news.cfm?eid=6551&cid=51407

Cameras are at Start / Finish, exit of the Keyhole, top of the esses and entrance into Thunder Valley.

Couldn't get the page with everything in one place to pull all 4 cameras, notes and timing at once. Cameras wouldn't load. (working now)

http://www.sccahost.com/live/

I'd like to see the one at the exit of the Keyhole moved to the top of the hill pointing back towards turn one and down towards the back straight. It's far from the track and at a weird angle.

Thanks Eric!!

I saw a comment earlier today about the cameras having battery issues, which is why they were down during the day. I saw all 4 going for a little while, but then was down to cameras 2 and 3 during the Prod/GTL race.

some constructive criticism on the page: On the composite page with all 4 cameras and announcements going, you can't adjust the volume of each camera feed, so there's a constant background noise that sometimes overpowers the audio feed. I'm not sure if that's something that can be fixed with the Youtube plugin settings or just something we're going to have to live with. It's definitely cool to be able to watch the races live. Moving forward!

Matt93SE":orprwt63 said:
I saw a comment earlier today about the cameras having battery issues, which is why they were down during the day. I saw all 4 going for a little while, but then was down to cameras 2 and 3 during the Prod/GTL race.

some constructive criticism on the page: On the composite page with all 4 cameras and announcements going, you can't adjust the volume of each camera feed, so there's a constant background noise that sometimes overpowers the audio feed. I'm not sure if that's something that can be fixed with the Youtube plugin settings or just something we're going to have to live with. It's definitely cool to be able to watch the races live. Moving forward!

Agreed. We were playing with some different things to kill the audio on all the cameras but the one in the main screen but weren't comfortable with some of the side effects. Work in progress.

The audio feed is not good and I believe that is an issue with the jack from which we're pulling our monitor feed from the PA booth. It's a pretty seasoned system and it hasn't been used yet this year. Might need a little maintenance.

Spent a lot of time running back and forth to Mansfield seeking out additional batteries. Hope to be ahead of it today!

Wish I could have watched the race--spent most of the race driving from camera to camera trying to get them back working. I did see Moser break coming up to 9 (I used to call it 11) when I was working on that camera. Daniels almost collected him. Hope he got it fixed.

Mazda Jon":vw1rxump said:
I'd like to see the one at the exit of the Keyhole moved to the top of the hill pointing back towards turn one and down towards the back straight. It's far from the track and at a weird angle.

Lots of work has been done at the Keyhole and unfortunately, its all new fence with no holes cut into it. I moved it today. Not sure if it's any better. No way to get the shot you referenced at this point. That's the one I wanted, too.

Eric, so far so good. Even with my crappy internet speed I was able to watch the 4 cameras and live timing.

Not sure what's up with the keyhole cam, looks blurry and out of focus.

For a first weekend looks great.

Any chance that you can use the charger and a 12volt battery to keep them running? Not sure if you can charge and record at the same time.

Thanks!!
Jon

Very nice Eric. I watched both day's races with your life feed. I saw you yesterday messing with the camera's, just a quick flash anyway! I figured you were running between the cams! It's a huge step forward, and we really appreciate the effort. For the first weekend I'd say it was a huge success. :applause:

Thanks!

Paul

Was it recorded so we can watch it after the fact or was it live only? Wasn't home during race so missed the feed.

This was very cool. I was in South Texas streaming live an amateur road race happening 1,500 miles away. As a fan who follows club racing, I appreciated being able to log in and watch when I couldn't be there in person.

Great to see the club leading the way in providing real time entertainment and information. Thanks for the effort Eric.

This was a great first start.

I also thought this was great. The only suggestion I would have, if the cameras are capable of being set, switch to a fixed focus. The camera in the esses seemed to keep changing focus between the fence, the flaggers, and some bugs that would occasionally fly by. The cars just seemed to perplex the auto focus.

Back