Mid Ohio Double & Super Tour - June 10-12th

kruck

Registration is now officially open for the June 10-12th OVR/Cincy double national weekend, featuring the BF Goodrich Tires Super Tour race on Sunday!

You can download the schedule, supps, and a paper entry form from this link: http://www.ovr-scca.org/uploads/roadrac ... yForms.pdf
The online entry link is: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 7536FB4F8C

The event will feature six National race groups and one Regional run group (the last group). Last year there were a lot of people from the Prod community who voiced that they would never attend our event as long as SRF was included in the Prod run group. Well, I'm the new RE for the OVR this year, and guess what? Group 6: EP, FP, HP, GTL No excuses now. :wink: In addition, in a time when more and more regions are cutting dinners altogether, we're still not only having a Saturday night dinner (sponsored by OVR, Cincy Region, and the SCCA Super Tour), but will also be having a Friday night socializer/party as well (sponsored by OVR's own HIPPI Racing & The Fergus Companies). We will also still be featuring our custom checkered flags for winners on Saturday, the Super Tour checkered flags, victory laps, champagne, and podium celebrations on Sunday, great awards, and a nice gift for you at registration. In our continued effort to make our events easier and more enjoyable for our competitors, we will also be featuring Express Tech on Thursday night directly at the registration building! Also, unlike what most other tracks are doing nowadays, Mid Ohio is still continuing to not charge anything extra for camping/staying at the track or having any rediculous golf cart/ATV/support vehicle fee's.

With this being a first ever double national at such a great track like Mid Ohio and an SCCA Super Tour event, we're really expecting this to be one of the premier events in the country this year. I sincerely hope you guys will put it on your schedule, and we put together a fantastic group of Prod/GTL cars! If you have any questions or anything, please feel free to PM me or post them here and I'll try to address them as best I can. See you in June!

OK I'm in!

Guess I need to start working on the car. Haven't raced at mid-O in three years because of the mix with SRF. Thank you for listening.

Peter

Sweet - it'll be nice to get you away from Grattan for a change! :lol:

Just saw that the registration list isn't working properly for some reason, so I'll get that figured out.

bdw73":r86y89gk said:
Registered last night, see if I can stay on the same lap with Mr. brannon
Barry, we need to have a talk about our car numbers.... :doh:

Just finally got registered. FP is shaping up to be one hell of a race - just finishing on the podium is going to be real tough! Just need to get all of you EP, HP, & GTL guys to get on the list! What if I bribe all Prod/GTL drivers with a free beer from my cooler for coming? :lol:

EP
5 - Carter, Randy - 2000 Lotus Caterham 7 - RPM Engineers/Titan Machine - Forest, VA
83 - Halkias, Sam - 1975 Triumph TR6 - Catawba Island Marina - Westerville, OH

FP
3 - Ruck, Kevin - 1990 Acura Integra - Hoosier/Honda Performance Development - Delaware, OH
7 - Prill, Eric - 1990 Mazda Miata - Jesse Prather Mtspts/Hoosier/OS Giken - Topeka, KS
12 - Lunder, Scott - 1993 Honda Civic - Mentor, OH
17 - Alderson, Ken - 1971 Opel GT - Westlake, OH
28 - Strittmatter, David - 1976 Lancia Scorpion - Akron, OH
51 - Walker, Joe - 1965 Lotus Super 7 - Walker Racing - Richland, MI
52 - Workman, Mason - 1990 Mazda Miata - Hoosier/Mazdaspeed - Reynoldsburg, OH

HP
73 - Wills, Barry - 1983 Volkswagen GTI - Hilliard, OH

Kevin, I believe that there's a number reserved for you per the GCR :) :applause:

Better use it while you can :wink:

I won't be there until late Friday, so I'll be starting shotgun on the field on Saturday. Looking forward to returning to Mid-Ohio though. Haven't run since 05.

Come on Scott, you know that when it comes to Prod cars, 1993 is minty fresh! Nevermind it could be graduating high school and joining the Army this month. :lol:

EPrill":24963cya said:
Kevin, I believe that there's a number reserved for you per the GCR :) :applause:

Better use it while you can :wink:

9.3.29.A - "The numeral “1” shall be exclusively reserved for the current national champion in each class for national events."
:lol: I never knew that was in the GCR. I'll be doing a "Valentino Rossi" though, and retaining my usual number. Besides, that was last year. :wink:

OK I'm signed up but I got a long list of things I have to fix before I'll be there.

Finding I broke all sorts of things at VIR last fall. Guess I should have worked on the car a bit more in the off season instead of the house.

I haven't been to Mid-O in three years!

I'm just about ready to go. Weighed it tonight, dyno time later this week and then a quick test day and I'll be ready!

Ok, membership and license process started.

Add an HP car to the entry list. (Haven't actually entered yet, I will as soon as I can.)

I hate to think how long it's been since I have even been to Mid Ohio after having been there like 3 or 4 times a year for years, it'll be fun to be back.

Buildings, locations of grid, tech, etc. Nothing changed with the new ownership yet, right?

Tim

Nope, absolutely nothing has changed so far. I've been up there twice already this year and it's been business as usual.

You can add James Smith - FP
and me James Rogerson - HP

Doc has convinced me to join him, and all of you, since my track is rented for that week to a manufacturer. I'm looking forward to the trip.

We'll have open crew spots.

James Rogerson - HP #66

James Rogerson":sotv7aj8 said:
Awesome that you guys are going to make it all the way up from Texas! You won't be disappointed!

That also officially makes FP the first class OF ALL to hit 10 entries! That is going to be one hell of a race.

EP
5 - Carter, Randy - 2000 Lotus Caterham 7 - RPM Engineers/Titan Machine - Forest, VA
09 - Martz, Gary - 1990 Mazda RX-7 Roadster - Kryderacing - Canton, OH
83 - Halkias, Sam - 1975 Triumph TR6 - Catawba Island Marina - Westerville, OH

FP
3 - Ruck, Kevin - 1990 Acura Integra - Hoosier/Honda Performance Development - Delaware, OH
4 - Morton, Peter - Lotus Super 7 - Creative Threads, Inc. - Milford, MI
7 - Smith, James R - 1962 Lotus Super 7 - Over 50 Motorsports - Alvin, TX
12 - Lunder, Scott - 1993 Honda Civic - Mentor, OH
17 - Alderson, Ken - 1971 Opel GT - Westlake, OH
22 - Funk, Larry - 1991 Honda CRX si - Moto-Tec / HPD - Oberlin, OH
28 - Strittmatter, David - 1976 Lancia Scorpion - Akron, OH
51 - Walker, Joe - 1965 Lotus Super 7 - Walker Racing - Richland, MI
52 - Workman, Mason - 1990 Mazda Miata - Hoosier/Mazdaspeed - Reynoldsburg, OH
97 - Prill, Eric - 1990 Mazda Miata - Jesse Prather Mtspts/Hoosier/OS Giken - Topeka, KS

HP
66 - Rogerson, James - 1984 Honda Civic - MSRHouston & Over 50 Racing - Pearland, TX
73 - Wills, Barry - 1983 Volkswagen GTI - Hilliard, OH

GTL
87 - Pintaric, Bill - Nissan 200sx - Kryderacing;WRP Investments,Inc - Youngstown, OH

kruck":2m5xew04 said:
James Rogerson":2m5xew04 said:
Awesome that you guys are going to make it all the way up from Texas! You guys won't be disappointed!

That also officially makes FP the first class OF ALL to hit 10 entries! Hmm, wonder if I can convince the Chief Steward to give us a split start. :lol:

You may be joking Kevin, but I would support a split start for FP. It might sound weird, but we run pretty close with EP and it would be nice if we weren't in each other's races. That's pretty much the reason they're done, right?

I will tow Doc Smiths Lotus and one of my caterhams for Rick Kosdrosky to drive,ran out of room in my trailer and rogersons ,so i will crew. Rogerson is bringing his honda and Docs fp honda as a back up. Looks like group 6 will be a great race.

Larry Svaton

I just want to point out that anyone who thinks this Club has gone to the Miatas needs to look at this entry list. 6 Lotus/Caterham 7s and 2 Miatas...

I may be sorry I sold that car this weekend!

Back