Miata brake rotors for prod/gtl car

anviltester

so time for new rotors. other than the oe mazda replacements, what are some other "better" choices? slotted is legal in gtl (where car runs now). can't find 2 pc rotors that small to fit under the 13" wheels we run. seen everything from stop-tech to some other cry treated ones. any thoughts from the beter enlightened? i have some wildwood powerlite calipers and radial brackets we made but still having trouble with the 13" wheels clearance. Stock calipers it may stay.

where can one get a hat for it? i was looking at 1 pc rotors for ease (thats whats on there now w/ stock calipers) but 2 pc would be better as I'm sure weigh less.

Coleman will make a 1-off hat for you for about $250/hat, based on your drawings.

I drew some up and had a local machine shop make me a set for $100 each. next time I took it to another shop and the ran me about $135 each. still not bad since they're going on 10yrs old and haven't shown any major signs of wear/fatigue that would indicate they're nearing end of life.

Back