Miata Bodywork

anviltester

Ok so im re-skinning the gt-lite car as well as looking for bodywork for the new f-prod car. who makes stuff for this car nowadays? i would like to explore the narrower versions (if they exists). looking for the whole body kit - hood, front/rear fenders, front/rear bumpers, etc. Carbon is the better option. Just looking to see if anything is out there before we go engineering our own stuff. For the 90-97 body.

I think most everyone is either using stock bodywork, like Prill, or the FP/EP stuff that everyone uses. Gt is a different ball of wax. I believe Dave Patten, Futofab, has the body molds from Pennon that Bob Boig had made for his GT3 car. I made my own molds/body for my GT3 car and I'm not selling parts. Last time I got suckered in by several people saying they wanted copies of my GT2 300zx. After I payed big money for production molds, everyone backed out. My current molds are lightweight and would not survive more than a handful of copies. Try Dave.

the car is basically and f/e prod car with a wing and the motor. That being said I'm just trying to find anyone who makes bodywork for the prod cars. Ive talked to a couple of people (including the guys in vermont that have the pennon molds) but no one has given me a definitive "yes i can make em and it will cost $xxx". Yet anyways. So thought id throw it up here as someone has to be doing production of this stuff. If not id gladly buy the molds and start production myself.

John Nielson (sp?) had a set of molds and was doing it for awhile. Not sure if he still is, but it appears his web site is down. Jesse should know one way or the other. Those molds were originally called the Mazdaspeed body parts - did you give them a call?

John Neilson is the guy we're looking for. I left him a message and haven't heard back yet. I know he's sold the molds and I need to find out who that is. Will report back. This is the bodywork that most people run. Prill has changed to it as well. Nice stuff.

i had johns contact info as i know he made the mazda comp stuff a while ago but seemed to have misplaced it. awr isn't the droid I'm looking for as i have discussed this with them as the front bumper and rear flares are the issue there. Trying to track down a direct contact for wayne paulin in florida - he did the epmiata.com pieces and I've been told has the molds still. I have contact through 2 diff parties to get to him (epmiata.com is one) but always like the direct route. Also contacted steve maxwell at cce composites as he has all the old pennon molds. he is searching through them to see if he has the whole kit or just the fenders. Never thought it would be this hard to find bodywork :roll: I might have to buy more so i have spares as this stuff seems to be gold.

So an update on John - I have found out he has sold the molds to Ken Jeffries. Have an email into him and will call him later today. See what happens.

We just put the kit from AWR on our car - actually, the kit is no longer supplied by AWR, it is made and sold by DG Motorsports;

http://www.dgmotorsports.com/product_de ... 50-67-5100

Overall, it was pretty good. The rear fenders (just oversized flairs) fit quite well. The fronts are full fenders and take a little work to make them fit.

We are looking for a front air dam like the one on Eric Prill's and Bill Hingston's cars. If anyone know who makes them, I'd appreciate if they could send me the contact info.

Len

All of that bodywork on Prills and Hingstons cars came from John Neilson, including the spoiler. The guy who has the molds now is working on figuring out what the pieces will cost and when he can get them done. I'll post info when I hear.

Back