Memphis 31-Mar

Rob, do you know if a schedule has been posted? Has the race been sanctioned? Are we 100% sure it's going to happen?

From my understanding the new track owners already have a new track configuration that they want to build but they need the participation numbers to invest in the construction.

It would be nice to see the Mid-South region do some aggressive advertising and let's get to talking about the future of Memphis here on the fourm(s).

Right now I think Sam Henry and I will be making the race along with the locals of Weber Manning and Don Tucker...amongst others of course. I have rebuilt my car over the winter to create that 'uniqueness' to that of my one and only hero and Mentor, Mr. Prill. Let the games begin.

Phil ??? I just handed the ball to you. :) :applause:

FP8":13f149un said:
From my understanding the new track owners already have a new track configuration that they want to build but they need the participation numbers to invest in the construction.

Hopefully excluding Grant's Tomb and the burn-out area.

I intend to run my GTL Nissan. ["GTL" Ugly step cousins to Prod cars.]

I asked if there was going to be a test day the Friday before. I was told from Mid-South region reps the answer is 'no'. Peter

FP8":1tmvpmwu said:
I have rebuilt my car over the winter to create that 'uniqueness' to that of my one and only hero and Mentor, Mr. Prill. Let the games begin.

It's not unique if you're just copyin'! :lol: Then again, imitation is the greatest form of flattery :wink:

You need to come to Hallett! I think I've got a little sump'n sump'n for you there this year!

Guys, the race will happen. :banana: The sanction has been applied for and we are waiting to hear back. I have not seen the schedule yet but will post as soon as I do. We were going for a 3 day event but have done some creative grouping to work in a 2 day schedule thanks to a local member and his status. That opens up Friday for a test day but I have not heard if MIR is on board yet. The Mid-South Region is under the microscope for this event as it is the first Rational in the MiDiv and so far that has brought many people out of the woodwork to help us. I will keep everyone posted as much as possible.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil has the con. Make it so.....

EPrill":2fgwod8x said:
It's not unique if you're just copyin'! :lol: Then again, imitation is the greatest form of flattery :wink:

But if you are my offical mentor assigned to me by the SCCA, then is it really copyin' :)

Have fun at my former home track. Hallett is a blast and I will miss racing there.

The Mid-South Region SCCA presents 'Rational Memories'

March 30, April 1, 2012 at Memphis Iinternational Raceway

Enjoy two days, yes a Double for the price of one tow!!

The least expensive double in the country and the first

Double Rational in the Mid-West Divisionat $475.
Enjoy Southern Hospitality, warm sunshine, two days of racing

and, real Memphis pulled Pork BBQ and a drink.

"Rational Memories" Double National March 31-April 1 2012
Feb 19, 2012 - 03:16 AM by Admin
First Ever "Rational Memories" at the Memphis International Raceway, Memphis, TN.

1st Two Day Double National and Double Regional in the MidWest Division, all in one weekend. March 31, April 1 2012.

Pre-registration for all race workers and drivers at http://www.motorsportsreg.com.

Sanction number(s) 12-R-2147-S/12-N-2148-S/12-R-2149-S/12-N-2150-S have been granted for the Regional/National/Regiona/National event(s) conducted by the Mid South Region to be held at MIR on March 30 April 1, 2012.

Download entry forms, supplemental rules and schedule from our Road Racing Section of our Download Library

http://www.midsouthscca.org/

Rick, you really planning on coming all the way from Colorado to this? I looked at it, but it's about an 11 hour tow for me. The track looks insanely fast.

If I remember right that was the farthest east track in the MidWest Division and Colorado was part of the MidWest Division before it became RockyMtn. We'd race all year for points in the division but never see each other.

Kevin,

Yes, I am coming form Colorado. I am taking two weeks vacation to go home enjoy the grandkids and family, oh yes, and race also. :)

1140 mile pull for me. All new trailer tires are on the list. :)

The track is fairly fast. The average speed is around 82 mph in a F car. The long front straight is a 5th gear yawner much like the front straight at RA. It dives into a carousel also much like RA. The M's in the middle of the back section slows you down a lot. The double 90's are a hoot and my favorite part, pitch it left, pitch it right. Then Tip Toe/throttle steer through Grant's tomb.

It would be great to get a good turnout as this will play into a potential new track layout based on participation. If I am not mistaken, I think there has been some design work done.

Probably the best part about Memphis is the paddock. There is plenty of flat asphalt.

I heard there will be lots of FP drivers at the Double National at Heartland Park in July. I plan on being there. I suspect HPT is a further away from you then Memphis is?

If the test day happens on Friday is there anyone who could help me out.

Will be arriving Friday, unless there is the test day in which case I'll be there Thursday.

FP8":3qxcbq92 said:
I heard there will be lots of FP drivers at the Double National at Heartland Park in July. I plan on being there. I suspect HPT is a further away from you then Memphis is?
605 miles to Memphis vs. 735 miles to Heartland. I can't imagine how badly all of you MiDiv guys would kill me at HPT. :lol:

The longest tow I'm used to making is 630 miles to Road Atlanta.

Rick, REGISTER, what are you waiting for? I am pushing for a test day on Friday. MIR does not want to run one but the region can still sanction a test day if we get enough interest. When you register, it asks you if you want a test day on Friday. Yes or No. I am not sure about the time involved in getting a test day sanction but I know it is much shorter than a race weekend, not very involved at all.

Aaron, I will be there all day Friday but as of right now, I don't know what I will be doing. If nothing much, I will help. But don't hold your breath.

Phil

Memphis should have a big prod turnout. I think there will be a half dozen H cars. A bunch of F cars based on post here (maybe even me if pistons show) Sam Henry said he was going in addition to those who have committed here. MidDiv has a ton of Eprod cars although I can't say for sure they will all go South. Nice Region and they really need a good turn out to get going again now that the track has reopened.

Thanks for the kind words Curtis. And you are right, we need a good turn out so we can get that new track under construction. Even NASA has scheduled 3-4 events this year and PCA has scheduled a couple.

See you at the end of March,

Phil

Back