March 2012 Preliminary Minutes and Tech Bulletin

dryenko":30cp8m3x said:
Thanks for all the various inputs.
Chris, please advise what car make/ model / class you are running actively regarding the input you have given .
Also, the other point that wasn't made obvious, is that the Corolla in question is a REAR DRIVE race car.
How is it that this car can be considered for a possibe upgrade, when it can't possibly have the front brake loading that the VW's have?
And, if I am not mistaken , the 1.8 L VW in F Prod has to weight around 1850# with driver, which is SIGNIFICANTLY more tan 1663# of Chuck's car.
BC
Ok. I am actively running towards completing my MBA. My last full season was in 2008 in a VW ITB car. I have run only a few races since then, and can't wait until next year! I also have been engineering and crewing on Chuck's car since it's first season back from getting wrecked at Mid Ohio.

I can say from first hand experience that we could make CIS type injection work great for IT (though I converted to megasquirt controlled digifant to save some weight, add some area under the torque curve and make future parts sourcing easier), it worked pretty well with the GP spec motor as well (though low speed corners were rough with the 4 speed box), but with the better breathing FP motor we had to start from scratch and take a completely different approach to getting what we needed out of the Bosch continuous flow injectors. Where we ended up was unorthodox enough, and hard enough that I don't know if we would even do it again, and I don't expect anyone else ever would bother. That is why I think that Mark is right. The fuel injection playing field should be a bit more level. If no one has written a letter requesting digifant style electronic injection, someone should.

You are correct the 1.8 F car is heavier. I would still trust the brakes on it, but that is a guess not based on anything more than the HP Golf and the FP A1.

The 1.8 level 2 car in FP is 1853 with driver and has vented rotors. Wich should be fine compared to HP Golf with vented rotors at 2065 that does not have any braking issues. The FP 1.8 Scirroco is 190 lbs more than my car but if I had vented rotors and added brake ducts I feel it should be fine.
Chuck Mathis

Oops, I guess I misunderstood what Bob was asking for then, so most of what I've typed here is wrong....

I'll fix.

:oops:

Al you didn't mis-understand..
The CRB request were for the A1 chassis that came from factory with solid 9.4" rotors, to be upgraded to the vented 9.4" rotors.
Regardless of which body style was attached to it, Rabbit or Scirocco.
Specifically had 1853 # F Prod spec in mind, but could also applies to H Prod, given the weights required.
And of course, the VW's in G Prod..OOPs....
That one was killed off, never to return, due to lack of interest, per CRB spinmeisters
:ask:
BC

dryenko":216p2x0g said:
Al you didn't mis-understand..
The CRB request were for the A1 chassis that came from factory with solid 9.4" rotors, to be upgraded to the vented 9.4" rotors.
Regardless of which body style was attached to it, Rabbit or Scirocco.
Specifically had 1853 # F Prod spec in mind, but could also applies to H Prod, given the weights required.
And of course, the VW's in G Prod..OOPs....
That one was killed off, never to return, due to lack of interest, per CRB spinmeisters
:ask:
BC

All of the cars delivered with the 1.8 were available with vented rotors. What needs to be requested?

Back