Lowering a car

craig bryant

I didn't want to hijack the other thread about how low people have managed to get their spridgets, so I started another thread. My question is, what is the best way to lower the front end on a Sprite that has a tube shock conversion? The car has Winner's Circle springs, not OE and already has some small spacers on the bottom spring perch. Do I just make longer ones?...does someone make a modified perch that drops lower? Any and all suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Craig

Craig... You didn't say whether you have LP or full prep suspension. I'm assuming it's not an LP car with the tube shocks.... More info maybe? If you still have the stock lower A-arm you can put maximum offset bushings on the frame mounts and raise them up. It's not much but anything helps. Use offset bushings on top of the kingpins for negative camber. We have one car with W'circle springs and built longer lower spring perch spacers. Fine tune the front end with grade 8 washers. If you are using the stock shocks as upper control arms (valves removed) you can put 3/8 spacers under them that helps keep the geometry correct and provides more camber. Grade 8 bolts, nuts, washers, etc. on everything. Of course, having fully adjustable upper control arms like on our full prep car solves all the front end adjustment problems.

Bob

Craig,

What you really need to know is your wheel rate. The higher the wheel rate the more you can lower the car without making contact with the track during competition. A discussion of ride ht without that info is pretty useless.

Back