Lots of racing. No reports.

Here you go...
Cat Majors report from Road America.

Saturday was hot and humid with several delays for lightning in the area.
A big storm cell came thru with heavy rain and hail two races before ours.
After the weather delay, the track dried very quickly due to the fresh black pavement and more importantly the temps dropped down to mid-70's with no wind.

All race groups seemed to string out with no wheel to wheel action, although Kannard had a decent drive moved up thru the field in his old Miata to finish third just a tick behind Froh.
Saturday race winners: EP Brakke, FP Griesinger, HP Sargis, GTL Lopshire

Sargis was able to take advantage of the improved track conditions after the rain and possibly a draft off of Griesinger to lower his own track record.
I ran with my back-up motor having hurt my good motor at the June Sprints and drove just hard enough to stay in front of Trainer, who ultimately lost an engine 1 lap from the end.
Mark Weber had an weird problem in which his car would randomly cutout at various points on the track. I damn near center punched him on the exit of turn 1 when it cut out.
He determined it was a bad kill switch cutting out whenever he drove over the rumble strips.

Sunday was pretty much the same with the track being slower due to the warmer weather.
Sunday's finishing order was the same as Saturday but this time Griesinger and Kannard had a decent race early on before Griesinger was able to open a gap.
With Trainer gone and having nothing for Steve, I just drove around to get an all important finish.
There is nothing in the world more boring than driving around RA with nobody in front of you and nobody in your mirrors.

NJMP Majors

Saturday mrning qually happened. Then one of Saturday's races happened but it got a black flag all due to lightning in the area. Then it started lightning and we got no more races in.

Sunday morning there was more lightning. We got the remaining five Saturday races in with occasional delays due to lightning.

Then it start lightning again so we all went home.

The End.

Greg Amy":3g4suffj said:
NJMP Majors

Saturday mrning qually happened. Then one of Saturday's races happened but it got a black flag all due to lightning in the area. Then it started lightning and we got no more races in.

Sunday morning there was more lightning. We got the remaining five Saturday races in with occasional delays due to lightning.

Then it start lightning again so we all went home.

The End.

2023 Majors Race Report Template:

There was a delay due to weather at ____________ (enter track here).

Greg Gauper":2poy3cjf said:
Mark Weber had an weird problem in which his car would randomly cutout at various points on the track. He determined it was a bad kill switch cutting out whenever he drove over the rumble strips.
I've had exactly that same problem before, at that same track, by the same cause. Only problem is that it would cause the fuse to blow to my voltage regulator, and completely kill my car.

tschreyer":2poy3cjf said:

There was a delay due to weather/crash/oil at ____________ (enter track here).
Here, I helped a little more.

CMP Majors -- arrived to a deluge Saturday morning from Zurich, no time to qual. Started last, got five laps in before the called the race, I think Mr. Eckerich won that one. Sunday started 16th or something based on Saturday race time, got up to third and got in Peter Norton's spray (my fault) turned in a tad late at the kink and spun. Came back on and finished third.

Roebling Majors -- DRY! Peter was uncatchable in the Caterham at a big ole handling track. Still, 1:15? Whew. That's GT2 car quick I think. Kip and I had a decent race for a bit in the 1:19 range until he pulled off. I finished a ways back of Peter. Sunday realized I really needed to use 2nd in turn 5/6 and immediately dropped 1.5 seconds. Still had nothing for Peter but all for naught when the hub broke.

Daytona.....not dry. Qualified overall pole (EP, T3, SPU, STL, FP) at a 2:11. Car just hits a wall at 145 mph. But it ran great. Led the first race on Sunday flag to flag. Rain and lightning came as we were going to grid for the second race. 2 hours later, I give up and load the car.....and they call us back to grid. No time to unload so I missed the second race.

Barber, then Ruboffs.

tschreyer":vqsixxgu said:

There was a delay due to weather at __Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park___ (enter track here).

...but Sunday was nice. So we had that going for us.

The End.

- GA

Greg,

According to Race Monitor you won both races in EP....right? So not too bad a weekend :applause:
And Mr Tonelli in his FP Miata won the overall on both days...again according to Race Monitor.He won so many tires he won't know what to do with them all.

Thought you had the overall win in the 2nd race but something must of happened on the last lap.

Nice way to finish the Majors season.
Regards
Tom B.

'Tis true. We had a decent EP group. Not massively strong mind you, but a good mix. The EP crowd was me in the '08 Civic Si, Anthony Parker in his gorgeous GT6+ (best sounding car of the weekend), Alex Hollenbeck in a Z-car, and Brian Bagnall in a 944.

Not going to get into the minutae, but Anthony and I battled the weekend. He's still working out bugs from his build, while I'm still working out bugs from the '19 Runoffs fire (Gamera's been sitting ever since). I came out ahead in that challenge, as Anthony lunched his motor on Sunday (as in, the oil pan looks like shrapnel outbound). He'll be back.

Saturday the four EP driver volunteered to start from the back since we were intermixed with a lot of T4 and STL cars (and I just needed a basic finish to qually for the Runoffs). Anthony shot off and Alex and I ran together until he spun backing off from a backmarker checking up (he didn't hit anything) and then a FCY putting me right on Anthony's butt. I got a good start and managed to hold him off for the remaining two laps.

Sunday, I got the overall lead at the start until Anthony snagged it (I figured it was a long race and I'd worry him into a mistake, so I didn't challenge). Unfortuantely, that's when he grenaded the engine and we had a brief FCY then BFA for oil cleanup. On the restart, I had the overall until 2/3 into the last lap we came upon the GTL lead battle with three corners to go. I tried to be nice and get the attention of the FP driver to suggest we back off and let them go for another lap but that's hard to transmit and he went on by when I lifted and waved. And of course we got mixed into that battle and lapped them but that's the breaks. The FP guy had another FP challenger 5-6 seconds back so I'm sure that factored into his decision.

Regardless, it was a fun weekend running with the crowd. I'm kinda invigorated now and ready to go out and have some fun at VIR in a few weeks. See y'all there. - GA

Back