Kershaw Majors

Had a great time at CMP other than the heat. Big Thanks to Steve and Vicki and all the folks that made it happen.

Steve Eckerich":3dq8vjop said:
CMP is very temperature sensitive. Have dropped 3 seconds in hot afternoon sun. Just a product of track layout that rewards cornering speed. Tire wear is very minimal after repave. By Sunday we had a lot of oil down so lap times suffered. Many of the track records were set at March race weekends in the past. We were historically 3 seconds a lap faster at the early race.
From what I saw all of those track records were set at the same event in February of 2008, so that had to of been quite cool conditions.

I know lap times around Mid-Ohio can change as much as 2-3 seconds depending on how much the track conditions want to cooperate. Rubbered in or not, hot or cool, etc.

kruck":1a5m098r said:
Steve Eckerich":1a5m098r said:
CMP is very temperature sensitive. Have dropped 3 seconds in hot afternoon sun. Just a product of track layout that rewards cornering speed. Tire wear is very minimal after repave. By Sunday we had a lot of oil down so lap times suffered. Many of the track records were set at March race weekends in the past. We were historically 3 seconds a lap faster at the early race.
From what I saw all of those track records were set at the same event in February of 2008, so that had to of been quite cool conditions.

I know lap times around Mid-Ohio can change as much as 2-3 seconds depending on how much the track conditions want to cooperate. Rubbered in or not, hot or cool, etc.

Also the same time the track repaved the critical corners just prior. Has a lot to do with who rents the week prior and what rubber is laid down. Still one of the most raceable tracks in the southeast with plenty of passing opportunities. Like I posted in another thread, 170 or so cars and no red flags. Had great racing all weekend. and most likely the cheapest Majors as well.

You know, it really was a clean weekend. First Majors in a while like that. Good to see.

To emphasize what Steve said, CMP gets a very bad rap. It's the best "racing" track we run on in the SEDiv. Every single corner is a (safe) passing opportunity except for the kink. Also enjoy the weekend there and this was no different, thanks to Steve and Vicki as always.

Back