June Sprints - who is going?

Chris Schaafsma

I am still not able to make enough time to prep and race my own car until I finish some classes I am taking, so I am looking at heading up to crew at the Sprints to fill my racing fix.

So what prod drivers are planning to be there? Who's planning a good party? While we are at it, who will be winning (a little friendly trash talking never hurt anyone, and often ends in a good beer conversation).

Chris, if you search "2012 scca June Sprints entries", motorsportsreg.com comes up. You may look at the entries list to date.

Scott Sanda":2hf6prek said:
Saturday night, BIG party at RA center. Food and beer for all. (except minors on the beer, of course)
Chicago Region is actually providing a dinner for a change? Wow!

I'm still debating on coming, but wondering where all the FP cars are.

Kevin,

There has been an open to all dinner Saturday night at the Sprints for years.

Some years we have issued tickets at registration, some years it's been open. This year, and for the last 2, it's been open, no tickets required.

Drivers/crew are also welcome at the Friday beer and snack party, and always have been ( at least as long as I have been involved, which is all I can personally attest to)

Chicago, Milwaukee and BVR have generally, meaning most races over the last 20 years I have been doing this, had a dinner of some sort that was open to drivers and crew at events. Blackhawk, RA, and Autobahn.

Sam Moore":2ixvizcy said:
I couldn't find ANY party info on the Motorsportreg site !!!! :?

Sam, that guy with the black golf cart/VERY LARGE COOLER in tow who in the past was always looking for a roving party seems to have totally changed his life style since he's been running mostly with you folks in the SouthEast. 88-o :mrgreen:

kruck":uhku9279 said:
Scott Sanda":uhku9279 said:
Saturday night, BIG party at RA center. Food and beer for all. (except minors on the beer, of course)
Chicago Region is actually providing a dinner for a change? Wow!

I'm still debating on coming, but wondering where all the FP cars are.

Chuck is planning to be there.

There has been an open to all dinner Saturday night at the Sprints for years.

Some years we have issued tickets at registration, some years it's been open. This year, and for the last 2, it's been open, no tickets required.

Drivers/crew are also welcome at the Friday beer and snack party, and always have been ( at least as long as I have been involved, which is all I can personally attest to)

I must have been asleep at the wheel, been going to the Sprints for years and don't recall getting tickets, or having Dinner Sat. night in recent years. There was limited beer. As far as Beer and food goes no one does abetter job than Milwaukee Region period.

Scott - if that is true, then the Chicago Region needs to start doing a MUCH better job of letting people know that. For the past two years, at minimum, when asking around the paddock about a dinner, I got a lot if laughs and sideways stares. Each time also resulted in me going into town with some other fellow racers, looking for a place to eat.

kevin,

it's been either in the supps and/or the program. I'll find out which.

I do agree the handouts would help. Not sure those haven't been tried as well.

In any event: Dinner Saturday at the track, grand marshal will speechify a big, lot's o beer and wine.

I wish I could have made it up there for this event this year but it's obviously not happening.

Good luck to all of you who are able to make it. Have fun and be safe.

I'm assuming (hoping) live timing will be available at the normal SCCA site?

Eric, when I attempt to enter race-monotor do I provided my Email & normal pass word per there request. Then I entered my normal MyLaps user name & password. Both methods provided the same reply as shown below.

HELP PLEASE :think:

Please enter your username and password.

Login was unsuccessful. Please correct the errors and try again.

The username or password provided is incorrect.

Account Information

Email:

Password:

Can someone explain why we can't get into Road America until 4 pm? We arrived at 1:40 and registration is closed and the RA security wont let us in??

Eric, thats typical Road America. I was parked outside the gate for 2 days before the Runoffs because they wouldn't let me in.

Get someone going in to get to the Chief Steward to see if you can atleast get in and unloaded. I'm guessing you're trying to make the 5:10 qualifying.

JoAnne Jensen is the Chief Steward, Cell # from the program 480-213-6499.

Good luck,
Jon

Eric Griesinger":1xqhwp1m said:
Can someone explain why we can't get into Road America until 4 pm? We arrived at 1:40 and registration is closed and the RA security wont let us in??

Must not be able to get in the track without going through registration. It reopens at 4.

FRIDAY, JUNE 15
6:45 AM 1:00 PM Registration
8:00 AM 11:45 AM Tech Inspection @ Orion Tech Center
8:00 AM 12:00 PM Scales Open
8:15 AM 8:45 AM Practice Group 1 SM, SSB, SSC, T3
8:55 AM 9:25 AM Practice Group 2 CSR, DSR, S2
9:35 AM 10:05 AM Practice Group 3 FB, FE, FF
10:15 AM 10:45 AM Practice Group 4 FA, FC, FM
10:55 AM 11:25 AM Practice Group 5 EP, FP, HP, GTL, STL
11:35 AM 12:05 PM Practice Group 6 F5, FV
12:05 PM 12:50 PM Lunch
12:50 PM 5:30 PM Scales Open
12:50 PM 5:30 PM Tech Inspection @ Orion Tech Center
12:50 PM 1:20 PM Practice Group 7 T1, T2, AS, STU
1:30 PM 2:00 PM Practice Group 8 SRF
2:10 PM 2:40 PM Practice Group 9 GT1, GT2, GT3, STO
2:50 PM 3:15 PM Qualifying 1 Group 1 SM, SSB, SSC, T3
3:25 PM 3:50 PM Qualifying 1 Group 2 CSR, DSR, S2
4:00 PM 4:25 PM Qualifying 1 Group 3 FB, FE, FF
4:35 PM 5:00 PM Qualifying 1 Group 4 FA, FC, FM
5:10 PM 5:35 PM Qualifying 1 Group 5 EP, FP, HP, GTL, STL
4:00 PM 6:00 PM Registration

Mazda Jon":3uhuq20h said:
Eric, thats typical Road America. I was parked outside the gate for 2 days before the Runoffs because they wouldn't let me in.

Is there no one at the track that sees this as a problem and is willing to do anything, or are they doing it just to spite the racers that keep the track open?
that's absofcukinglutely ridiculous!

Back