Jan 2012 FasTrack Posted

Larry - I'll PM you directly.

As for laying out a plan, I'm not sure that this is the appropriate forum to engage an in-depth marketing strategy. I know how things get critiqued here and I already know there are 1,000 other things my staff could be doing. That's the way marketing is. Everyone has an idea and a lot of them are good. We do engage in leveraging strategic partnerships, National advertising, event on-site recruitment, sponsor development, social media, external brand-building, internal promotion and program development. More money helps us to engage in more initiatives.

That said, if someone would seriously like to discuss ways to help their Region and events, I'm available at the office (although I'm about to head out for the holidays). It really depends on a Regions objectives and their unique opportunities.

Last year when we put together a contingency for GTL Eric was super responsive and helpful. Going well above and beyond.

I'm not a marketing guy, and I've been just as critical of the secret car club as anyone while BSing over a beer. But when it came to brass tacks for me, Eric and his folks gave me all the help I could ask for and then some.

We're in the planning stages of another bigger and better GTL contingency, and one of the reasons I'm motivated and encouraged about it is Topeka's willingness to help out. I didn't expect it, and I'm thrilled to have been wrong.

So I guess what I'm getting at, is that if you have specific ideas, Eric's offer is not just a token. He means it.

-Kyle

joecam96":7b6shzz2 said:
Runoffs fee increases $450 to $500 and Solo Nationals fee increases $94 to $102. Discussion about large line items. BoD expressed their intention for staff to continue to take advantage of low interest rates.
MOTION: to approve 2012 budget as presented. Lewis/Jones. PASSED: 12-1 Opposed Merideth.
MARKETING/REGION SERVICES REPORT
Membership was 40,989 end of October. Discussion on membership and participation decreases and potential solutions: increase value to member, provide value at less cost, provide other membership options, lower cost tiers or premium tiered memberships.

Does anyone else see the irony in these two items?

Why are we posting about marketing in this thread anyway??? I suppose that it could be used as a tool to show ways to decrease membership.

The quote was from the Jan 2012 Fastrack, the subject of the thread.

It's not about marketing, it's about the BOD upping the Runoffs entry to $500 and in the next paragraph talking about increasing value at less cost.

I agree with that and I am sorry for the misunderstanding but the thread sort of grew legs in another direction which in reality should be somewhere else maybe

joecam96":3g9ocpr7 said:
The quote was from the Jan 2012 Fastrack, the subject of the thread.

It's not about marketing, it's about the BOD upping the Runoffs entry to $500 and in the next paragraph talking about increasing value at less cost.

I understood that, was just adding something I though sorta relevant. Didn't meant to derail the train of thought.

L

A line has been drawn for HP at 1.8 liters. We found a way to get the Volvo into HP and even contacted Les to find out if it was worth doing. Now it's in there and I think it would be a good car at RA.

We are not out to get Volvo people but the fact that it has a 2 liter keeps it out of H. We would be glad to put it into F but then we get complaints that it's too light. I think most people would agree that 2 liters is too much for H as seen in the "preliminary fastrack" thread where everyone thought we put the 2 liter into H.

What would you do with it?

IGNORE DISPLACEMENT!

We are classing limited prep cars now. Displacement has very little to do with power. Follow what IT does use advertised power and some adders for the mods allowed. Lots of older cars (i.e. good for prod) have things like crappy intake manifolds, or poor flowing heads that can't be changed in limited prep. Original advertised power (post the early 70's when net power started) is the best measure of the sum of the parts involved. Singling out displacement just doesn't work.

Apparently I owe Les Chaney a big apology. I thought the brainiacs that make our rules had allowed the 142's to race in H with a 2 liter motor and have the option of running the B18 head. This would have been a very competitive car and worthy of a "Merry Christmas" to Les. Unfortunately the powers that be decided to create a wimpy hybrid, a B18 motor in a 142 body at +2000 lbs. What a stinking lump of coal. Les if you and/or Sam can make this underpowered turd push enough air out of the way to get you down the straight ahead of any 948's you deserve the mechanical equivalent of the Nobel Prize. Now the B18 in an early Volvo P1800 @ under 2,000 might have been interesting, but that didnt happen. I think you guys just got the SCCA's equivalent of the Miss America Pageant's "Miss Congeniality" award. Lots of luck.
Merry Christmas
Keith Church

ennored":3be6u4i2 said:
IGNORE DISPLACEMENT!

We are classing limited prep cars now. Displacement has very little to do with power. Follow what IT does use advertised power and some adders for the mods allowed. Lots of older cars (i.e. good for prod) have things like crappy intake manifolds, or poor flowing heads that can't be changed in limited prep. Original advertised power (post the early 70's when net power started) is the best measure of the sum of the parts involved. Singling out displacement just doesn't work.

That is something that will NEVER be understood nor allowed, and Tom where did the nothing above 1800cc come from anyway??

I really don't mean to come off as ungrateful and for that I aplogize but I am just being realistic about the potential of what has been allowed.

Les, get my PV544 in HP. That way I can have four production cars to choose from! I have three B18s in the garage and I think one of them might be legal for something. :roll:

I damn near trade my box o'fun for a race preped P1800 or PV544 without much thought. No need to offer anything later than those two.

James
Houston Region RE
HP #66 FP #87 FF #92 and if Dan will make me a deal on the Lola for the skid pan Ralt....FA soon. (I know he reads this forum)

Darn !!! James you have broken the code !!!! Maybe aero and weight DO have someting to do with a race car !!! They wouldn't dare allow an 1800 or even the 544 !!

Limited prep p1800 and full prep pv544. I'm all in.
box of fun with spares on the table.

I know you're with me Sam!

James

Back