IT HP.... Yawn...

Bob Hess

Sure no more thrills in HP. Cars were more fun when they were back in IT!

Bob Hess CFR
HP 13 and 49 Bugeyes....

Dayle - pop in that photo you sent me. That should indicate there were more than a few thrills in the HP race.

CBB":lb4cw8m2 said:
Dayle - pop in that photo you sent me. That should indicate there were more than a few thrills in the HP race.

I'm working on getting that couple of seconds of video posted to youtube. How Tom didn't whack Jack too is nothing short of a miracle.

Dayle

FWIW, yeah, HP had spread out by the time the checker flew. But there were a number of really good races that went right down to the wire - I know SRF went right to the checker as did SM and a number of others. Sometimes it's close from green to checker and sometimes it spreads out. It is what it is.

Dayle
That is a really crap way to have your race ended early. I am sorry to see your bad luck.

Who was the asshat in the #46 Datsun whom managed to wreck two cars because he could not control his own car?

cheers
dave parker

dave parker":38lcvfxf said:
Dayle
That is a really crap way to have your race ended early. I am sorry to see your bad luck.

Who was the asshat in the #46 Datsun whom managed to wreck two cars because he could not control his own car?

cheers
dave parker

Tom Hannagan is not an asshat. I've raced with him before and he's a gentleman all the way. The rear jumped around in some fluid on track and he lost control. At 8:31am, that part of the track is as dark as can be. Very thcik trees line the east side of the track. I know I didn't see anything on the surface either. Matt Brannon looped it in the same place.

Dayle

Dayle Frame":35fxs0mu said:
Tom Hannagan is not an asshat. I've raced with him before and he's a gentleman all the way. The rear jumped around in some fluid on track and he lost control. At 8:31am, that part of the track is as dark as can be. Very thcik trees line the east side of the track. I know I didn't see anything on the surface either. Matt Brannon looped it in the same place.

Dayle

From a conversation I just had over lunch... "There was fluid on the track? Well you do race with old British cars."

Dayle Frame":1wc2ca66 said:

Dayle

There was talk of an oil down in the morning hard ship laps. I know there was a major oil down Saturday night right before the GT3/STU/STL Q3. It was all the way from turn 6 to into straight after the carousal. It was a long clean up and Q3 was shortened some.

Dayle Frame":2z6eh18b said:
dave parker":2z6eh18b said:

Dayle

Dayle
Then I submit my apology to Mr. Hannagan and to you for speaking out of turn.
I am sorry.

Perhaps a better explanation of what is occurring in the video is in order. Since it is not at all obvious that there is oil on the track.

cheers
dave parker

I think it was a combination of things down in turn 5..

1 - It was frickin cold out and a real challenge to get heat in the tires.
2 - As Dayle indicated, that part of the track is in the shade in the morning so it doesn't heat up, plus you had to deal with condensation and dew.
3 - For some reason, RA decided to change the type of oil dry that they used this week. Unlike the old stuff that grinds in and is gone after a lap, this new stuff is like fine powder and stays embedded in the surface and never seems to go away and is slippery.

Jason,
Wasn't it the new Japanese cars that managed to oil down the track in the first and second qualifying sessions? I don't know of a single British car that blew a motor this year.

racingspridget":dcxuafar said:
Jason,
Wasn't it the new Japanese cars that managed to oil down the track in the first and second qualifying sessions? I don't know of a single British car that blew a motor this year.

Yeah, but those were FP cars.

Dayle Frame":37d23yjh said:
Ya....not sure where you're headed there Bob. You wan expand on your thesis?

Dayle

Appears first reply got gobbled up by a cyber whatever, so trying again. I didn't originate the comments on the "G/H" Production race but certainly agree with it. In the 90's when HP was grouped with the IT cars at the regional level it was evident that at least 50% of the ITB and a bunch of the well prepared ITC cars were much faster than the better HP cars. When the CR Gods eliminated GP and dumped the IT cars into HP it was pretty depressing. I run what used to be a national level car at the regional level against almost no original HP cars. Most of those folks figured $500 a race weekend wasn't worth it and are gone. No chance of ever getting the $5 trophy. The HP race was two races... GP and HP. Folks did a great race and derserve all the credit we can give them, but it wasn't a class race for everyone.

Bob

sweety1.jpg

loopracing":ktynqaxb said:

Good stuff Dick! I agree. But the move put a lot of money and a lot of folks on the side line. Still not sure that's what the club is all about. :)

Bob

Back