INR - Gingerman plus UFO Sightings

Smyczek

There was a very small turn out, 10 cars in the entire group.

Jeff Willert won EP, and Mike Moser won HP. I'm not sure who won FP, but he drove a Lotus 7 and was easily the fasted car on track.

Oddly enough, there were very strange lights in the sky just East of the track. They were there about 10:30 ish on Friday night, then again on Saturday night. A group of 8 or 10 orange lights appeared above the horizon in a line so it almost looked like a lighted ski hill from miles away. They moved around slowly for about 10 minutes until they disapperared. I guess they were out again the next night, and plenty of people saw them.

Anybody else see them or know what is 5 or 10 miles East of Gingerman? It was wierd!

Steve Smyczek

Joe Walker was actually the fastest car on track and lowered his lap record to ~1-43.2. :applause: He made it late to the grid and was running a lap down for the entire race. For my part, I am thrilled the car made it through the entire race without missing a beat; a big improvement on Grattan over Memorial Day weekend.

I didn't see the lights - suggest you check what was served up by INR at dinner. :D

A big thanks to the INR folks and all the workers who contended with on/off rain and suana-like conditions the entire weekend.

I would like make a loud thank you to the INR workers, all of you. Deb and I made the track across Michigan and had a great time. First class event put on by a fun group. I hope to get the time off next year to do it again

We also got to meet Rob Coffey, again a first class racer. I hope to run into you again when there is more time for beer and bench racing.

Steve we stayed at the track both nights..............no strange lights. Could it have been a result of all the beer?????

Back