In tank fuel pump

Think Racing

I've got this pump in my ATL fuel cell http://cdn.racerpartswholesale.com/down ... ackBox.pdf

Anyone familiar with it's operation specifically it's pumping operation?

For example, I've always had a Holley Red and when on, it just pumped continuously whether it was connected to carbs or not. This unit comes on and then shuts off after 5 seconds. I'm not certain it shuts off because of pressure, because there's no motor in the car and the fuel lines are dangling disconnected.

My concern is that if it doesn't run when disconnected what's going to make it run when connected?

Fred, is the pump hooked up thru your ECU. If so its the ECU turning off the pump output. Thats normal till you crank the engine and it fires up. If its connected just to a battery and shuts off, then the pump is junk. Hope this helps.
Chris

Chris, that must be it. This is a new car to me. It's very nice and I'm excited about racing it, but there are several things completely new to me.

Thanks for the advice.

What he said. The ECU only runs the pump a few seconds when ignition turned on to prime the injectors. Then it shuts off the pump until it sees rotation from the crank angle sensor.
If you plug the crank/cam sensor in and rotate it by hand with the ignition on, the pump should stay running the whole time.

Back