HP sessions

Ho hum. A local guy driving a Huffaker midget is 3 seconds off the pole time. At least Ron is not much farther off. Good for him at his first time at the track. Hopefully he'll get faster the next two days but apparently the Midgets are, again, no match for the Hondas.

This is interesting, not sure if anyone else has noticed but the SRF session currently running is evidently going to run for 30 minutes! The schedule clearly states that qualifying sessions will be 20 minutes.

Did they find extra time in the schedule/day to allow this? If so, were the competitors notified?
Not complaining, I think it's a good thing. I just didn't notice it yesterday.

True. And it looks like it's not an error in race monitor either. Cliff White in SRF did 16 laps with a fast lap of 1:42.8. That doesn't fit in 20 minutes.

The schedule on scca.com still says 20 minutes. Maybe they are "California Minutes". Kind of like "California Horsepower". ;)

-Kyle

Or SRF gets special treatment. :eh:
there is a 40 min gap each day all others are 30
Bryan

bfloyd":1it0b11y said:
Or SRF gets special treatment. :eh:
there is a 40 min gap each day all others are 30
Bryan

If I remember correctly that SRF was schedule first each day due to sound limits before 9 AM.

Ron, that may be the case but sound limits and additional quali time are not related.

Bryan

Apparently we need a "Other random classes Runoffs discussion!" thread. :lol:

Back to HP....

The conditions must have been awesome for this morning's early FP/HP session, cause damn the times were quick. Loshak moved to 1st, with Hussey .5 behind and Isley 1.0 behind, who both also went 2+ seconds faster than yesterday. Bartell sits 4th, two seconds behind Loshak's time, but four seconds faster than yesterday! :applause:

kruck":2hhg3mvf said:
Back to HP....

The conditions must have been awesome for this morning's early FP/HP session, cause damn the times were quick. Loshak moved to 1st, with Hussey .5 behind :applause:

:applause:

Good to see Ron pick up that much time. Where are the LBCs giving it up to the tin tops? I was thinking LBCs would be very slow up the hill to the corkscrew and up the hill at start/finish. Jealous of those that are there racing...

Pole time hasn't reached the HP record at Laguna yet, which was set by Mr. Linn in a LBC 18 years ago. That's amazing to see a record that's lasted that long, considering all of the advancements in parts, prep, data, tire technology, etc. since then. Pretty cool.

Bartell put the car into the wall in the corkscrew on the cool down lap. Came in hot and over shot the apex and over rotated before it went to the right. Put it in the tires square on the right side. Hoping the tires did their job and it looks like body work. They took him away in a pick up and needed a roll back for the car.

Not sure if he saw the checker but it had been out for awhile.

Cory Markos reportedly went hard to the inside wall in T4, he was able to drive away, so hopefully all is OK.

Good job to all. Curious that the top 4 in F turned fast laps of the week today, but that didn't translate to the H crowd in the same session.

-M

I will echo the "good job to all" sentiment, especially Steve Hussey and Jason Isley for qualifying 2 and 3. I know that Steve had a bit of trouble this year adapting to the Honda, but seems to have put it together when it counts. I know that those front row cars are fast, but watch out for that Toyota as well. It's quick, and Jason definitely knows how to drive it. I can't wait to see the race on Sunday. Good luck to all.

Craig

Matt Brannon":2xzwvszj said:
Good job to all. Curious that the top 4 in F turned fast laps of the week today, but that didn't translate to the H crowd in the same session.

-M
For some reason, traffic was worse today, and then the black flag came out to kill the session, otherwise I think you would have seen H pick up as well. Track felt much faster today.

Back