How low is your car?

Kerry Foote

I've finally cut out and welded the rear fenders on my HP Sprite so I could lower it more. Measuring at the pinch seam under the rocker my first adjustment has the rear at 2 1/4 and the front at 2inches. I was wondering how this compares to some of the other prod Spridgets out there. Thanks

Same numbers as John. Do make sure you angle your rear end housing down about 4 or 5 degrees so the driveshaft won't hit the tunnel on the famous Sebring bumps. Bent mine on the short course turn 6 that I hope is part of the track they are going to smooth out on their repaving program. See you up there Thanksgiving.

Bob

After lowering my sprite I now find that the front dampers will most likely top out in full bump. Has anyone removed the arms and repositioned them to compensate for the upward position? Can you please tell me the procedure so I don't ruin the seal. Thanks

Kerry.... I put 3/8" aluminum plates under my front shocks on my last two LP chassis cars and it gives all the travel you need. It also helps correct the geometry with the angle of the lower control A-arm after lowering the front. It does help in adjusting the camber as it keeps the king pin within the range of offset bushings on top. Take a look at my car at Sebring Thanksgiving.

Bob

Kerry,
I did the same with 3/8" angles with rod tied across front to stiffen chassis. Noticeable difference. I'm not using them since i went to full prep if you are interested.

Thanks Bob and Rob. Im still in the design stag. Bob, I wil be in Sebring with my car. Got a bit of work to do but I will make it.

Back