Hoodpin lanyard cable with green platic coating

Jay Lutz

Looking for this 1/16" diameter cable. Seems like it was a common hardware store item but I may be all wet about that. Secured with nicopress sleeves. Can anyone point me to a source? Only need about 3' of the cable. Trades?

Try looking in the clothesline section?
I remember seeing it too- you're not crazy. Maybe try a smaller hardware store-- the big box hardware stores carry less and less of those kinds of things these days.
you can also buy some smaller stuff with clear plastic on it vs. the green.

Hardware stores have it usually beside the chain. Usually called aircraft cable. I use it on my car to trigger the door release and support the splitter.

visited the hardware at lunch....it's called plastic coated clotheline. Unfortunately they didn't have it in 1/16" diameter......:^( Jay

You can use coated braided leader from a bait and tackle store. Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop should also have it. Both have web sites.

markb":21k344i2 said:
Saw it at Home Depot this evening with the cable/chain/rope....

Make sure you get the 3/8" stuff. don't want it to come loose again! don't worry about the wind resistance or flexibility.. ;)

TR3Racer":2jwzpedg said:
You can use coated braided leader from a bait and tackle store. Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop should also have it. Both have web sites.

This is what I use. Works great.

David Dewhurst":vpg6uts5 said:
Matt93SE Make sure you get the 3/8" stuff. don't want it to come loose again! don't worry about the wind resistance or flexibility.. ;)[/quote:vpg6uts5 said:
BUT, you could go first class, aero clean & locks included. 8)

Please, appreciate the beautiful sleek design, don't look at the cost.

http://www.kamispeed.com/Aerocatch-Plus ... OgodvSkAew

[shameless OT plug]
I have a set of Aerocatch latches without the locks- brand new in box- if someone wants them.
[/plug]

Back