Honda FP d16 cam

Hammill

Car is ready to run as soon as I get a cam. I can only find regrinds for my crx d16. Anybody have some ideas for me?

Thanks

Web cam? That was a custom cam they did for you not a regrind?
Talked to them a couple weeks ago but we had only discussed a regrind.
I will call them back today, thanks for the info.

You'll want to use a weld-up then reground cam to the stock base circle ($$$). You won't be able to get as much cam as you can use by just grinding to a smaller base circle.

I have a Web-Cam part no. 35-181 "Hard Weld" camshaft and valve spring kit with Ti retainers I bought years ago for a FP Honda CRX Si D16 project that never happened. I'ts around here somewhere...
If you are interested you can email me. [email protected]

Without Keith I'd still be way in the back! I have his cell number tattooed on my phone hand.

That windshield stuff worked great.

James -R
'the other, other Honda'

The cams listed in the Crower link are for a D16Z6. They won't work on a D16A6 engine (88 - 91 Civic/CRX). They're for a later model D16. Rocker ratios are different and are VTEC.

If you haven't found a cam yet, let me know and we can compare notes. I did a lot of research on seversal occaisions for my '88 FP CRX D16A6 and now have obtained two used cams: one from Gude and one from Web. I haven't run them yet (middle of the OBD0 to OBD1 wiring conversion) but expect the Web to be better and more what I need. Keith has also helped me quite a bit with getting my car going with the new race engine. If he still has that used Web cam, that is at least going to be the Easy Button to get into the right ballpark.

I let Hammill know that I could not find it and I don't remember what I did with it.
It's hell getting old!

I did send a cam to mega cycles. I haven't heard back on what they have in mind. I have heard great things about web cam also. I expect to have the specs for the cam next week and would be happy to pass on to anyone interested.

Back