Header Building

It was interesting to see the process. I've seen those Lego blocks before and knew they were expensive, but didn't think about making them on a 3D printer or their availability for our smaller sized headers. Thanks for posting all of the pics.

I am glad it helps out a few people. More progress to report. The header is welded up except for a few collector tabs that are in the mail. The plastic bits help a lot! They are not perfect though, the slop and sag allowed the whole assembly to sort of adjust. Welded pipes are less forgiving and I could see a little bit of sag even before I started, but lifting the whole assembly with your hand is not the same. All worked as planned, it went really fast duplicating the first three tubes Cyl#4- through #2 in steel, but then #1 wouldn't fit. It required a redesign using different radius and a little different layout. I still used the plastic bits to do it and it was not a big deal, but I just thought I would mention it. I liked the work for practicing tig welding also as its not structural. As long as it doesn't leak, I am happy.
51257048347_2848f32497_z.jpg

Back