Hawk Contingency Certificates

racer_tim

Staff member
Has anybody tried to use 2 certificates on a single order, done on-line, or do you have to contact them over the phone?

Thanks

Last time I used them, I just entered them online.
When I tried to call, they said I could only use one certificate per set of pads, but I could order multiple sets at a time (with multiple certs).

Do it online and you can enter each certificate number and it just takes the cert $$ amount off the tab. voila.

Call or email customer service, and they handle it on the spot. Had the same issue online, but works perfect on the phone.

PS - they will be closed all of next week, so do it ASAP if you want to use the certs before they expire on 12/31.

I've called several years in a row too.

I got the feeling that they were not happy with all of the manual effort this was requiring. It's not our fault, but might it become our problem.

Be extra nice. It's free stuff.

-Kyle

It took me a month of fiddling to finally get to the right person within Hawk to be able to use all my certificates on one order. It was kind of a pain in the ass, and honestly, Janet Farwell at SCCA was a pretty good help in getting me in touch with someone who could actually help me. The problem I kept having was when trying to put in several certificates into the web store and having it freak out. The whole thing was a bit of a pain in the ass. Nevermind the fact that I finally got the order placed about six weeks ago, and the it still just says "One or several pieces of your order are on Back Order. It should be ready to ship by November 24th." Now here on December 16th it still says that, and I haven't been able to get much of an answer as to what's going on with it.

Good thing I wasn't in a hurry with all of this, geez. This was my first year dealing with Hawk's contingency, so it was a new experience. (Please Cobalt Friction, please bring back your contingency!)

racer_tim":20oe1scq said:
Well, just called, and they said you can't combine certifications. Well, that sucks.
Did you try entering the codes online? I just took at look at the site and it looks identical to the last time I combined 6 or 7 certs to get a shoebox full of pads for 3 different race cars.

Just tried it again on-line, and it only lets you enter a single code, but it does say "enter one at a time" so at one time it looks like you could, but now you can't. I just sent Janet an e-mail asking for a contact that could help.

Thanks Kevin for the information.

I had a problem trying to combine certificates earlier this year. I found that if they were in numerical order it only accept one. If they were not in numerical order it worked just fine. Good Luck

I had the same problem. Talked to Mike at Hawk and he told me to email Annie Last (marketing and racing director)
alast at hppgracing dot com . Attach a scanned certificate(s) as well as copy of the online store billing order without
any promotion code discounts applied. She will make it happen. Very accommodating crew !

Tim Pitts
#11 HP Golf

Checked my emails and Annie is who I worked with too. Easy and painless. Handled it within an hour of me emailing her.

Yep, Janet got me in touch with Annie, and she combined both certs into one, and submitted the order this afternoon.

Kudo's to Hawk and to Janet @ SCCA.

Had to look through some old emails, but yup, Annie is the person at Hawk who got me set up as well.

Back