Hallett Super Tour H Production preview

joecam96

This weekend’s Hoosier Racing Tire SCCA® Super Tour at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, may turn out to be the best H Production race so far this season.

The sixth of ten Super Tours events already boasts the largest HP entry of the year with 8 cars, including the winner of both Hallett races last year, Ralf Lindow in his VW Golf. Keeping Ralf on his toes will be Chris Albin, in a similar VW, coming off of a third place finish at the VIR Runoffs. For the first time ever, Ralf and Chris will be lined up against Jesse Prather in his potent Mazda 2. Jesse comes with a win and a second (clutch issues) at the March Majors race at Eagles Canyon. Joining Jesse in the challenge to the VWs is Colorado driver Bill Lamkin who will make his H-Production race debut in the ex-Jay Griffin Honda CRX.

Rounding out the field are Jack Schultz - MG Midget, David Reiter - Mazda 626 and R. Paul Evans who has two third place finishes from Eagles Canyon with his Datsun 510.

The track is going to be busy. Hallett is a 10-turn, 1.8-mile course with 80 feet of elevation change and wide, grassy runoff areas. There is currently a group entry of 42 cars and rain is in the forecast for Saturday.

Like all SCCA Majors races, this Super Tour event counts towards the 2024 H Production Nationwide Points Championship, presented by the Ignition Speed Shop.

Live video coverage of the race weekend starts on Saturday and can be viewed with timing and scoring on the SCCA web site, or video with chat on the SCCA Youtube channel.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 3.53.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 3.53.38 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I was about to say, "how did I miss Chris at VIR"...?

I'll be there as Class Ambassador for the SM/SMX groups. Let me know where the beer party is going to be...

Back