Hallett Super Tour Event April 3

EPrill

Stout Prod fields. 13 EP, 8 FP, 4 HP. Looking forward to it!

EP 13 ENTRIES
# Name Group Year Make Sponsor Hometown
6 Clark, Charlie GROUP 2 1985 Mazda RX7 KC RACEWARE & AMSOIL ROELAND PARK, KS
8 Allman, Bill GROUP 2 Mazda RX7 CarStar/Mazdaspeed/Jesse Prather Motorsports Topeka, KS
15 Haupt, Brian GROUP 2 1983 Mazda RX7 Carriage & Motor Works Spring Hill, KS
16 Pritchard, Meredith GROUP 2 1984 Mazda RX7 Carriage & Motor Works Granville, OH
17 Pritchard, Justin GROUP 2 1979 Mazda RX7 Carriage & Motor Works/Hoosier Tyre Granville, OH
23 Davis, Chuck GROUP 2 Acura Integra In Patient Pyhsicians Overland Park, KS
25 Weber, Mark GROUP 2 1993 Mazda Miata Goodyear,Red Line Oil,ESCP,Mazda Saint Louis, MO
27 Smith, Todd GROUP 2 1985 Mazda RX7 Living Orchard Naturals Kansas City, MO
37 henry, sam GROUP 2 1993 Mazda Miata SpringfieldDyno, SafeRacer, Goodyear Republic, MO
42 Holstrom, Aaron GROUP 2 1979 Porsche BHR 911 BHR/Tom Holstrom Race Car Engineering Kansas City, MO
64 Snader, Austin GROUP 2 2010 Mazda RX-8 Snader Racing/Mazdaspeed/ Rotary Innovations Brookshire, TX
80 Prather, Jesse GROUP 2 1967 MG B Jesse Prather Motorsports / Ron Davis Motorsports Topeka, KS
95 Rivard, Matt GROUP 2 Mazda RX8 Kansas City, MO

FP 7 ENTRIES
7 Prill, Eric GRP 5 1990 Mazda Miata Jesse Prather Mtspts/Hoosier/OS Giken Topeka, KS
25 Weber, Mark GRP 5 1993 Mazda Miata Goodyear,Red Line Oil,ESCP,Mazda Saint Louis, MO
37 henry, sam GRP 5 1993 Mazda Miata SpringfieldDyno, SafeRacer, Goodyear Republic, MO
57 Baker, Kyle GRP 5 Mazda Miata Hickman, NE
70 smith, james r GRP 5 1962 Lotus Super 7 Over 50 Motorsports Alvin, TX
83 Bramlage, Robert GRP 5 Mazda Miata Sparkwraps, Jesse Prather Motorsports Junction City, KS
86 Wagner, Randy GRP 5 Mazda Miata Tulsa, OKJ
Harris is entering tonight.

HP 4 ENTRIES
3 Albin, Chris GRP 5 1985 Volkswagen GTI/Golf Hoosier,247-parts.com,AMT engines Maryland Heights, MO
4 Entriken Jr., Robert (Rocky) GRP 5 1964 Triumph Spitfire Ikke så Hurtig Racing Salina, KS
13 Wood, Curtis GRP 5 1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Dubros Motorsport, JEFFMO Midnigt Machine Ozark, MO
75 Schulz, Jack GRP 5 1970 MG Midget Monett, MO

What happened to all the entrants? Only 6 EP, 4 FP, & 1 HP starters for Saturday's race.

Congrats to Jesse (in Ron Davis' MGB!), Rick and Chris on the Prod wins.

My car debut was reasonable. Chased a number of new car issues and struggled getting the setup right. There is quite a bit different with this car than previous examples from JPM so there are a lot of unknowns.

I was able to get the jump on the start and led for the opening couple laps while Rick and Sam fought behind me. Rick got by Sam and then went by me on lap 3 or 4. I couldn't match Rick's pace and had my hands full with Sam after that. Had brake issues all weekend and after about 7 laps, the fronts were overheating (flinging wheel weights secured with metal tape!). So I was doing everything I could to try to keep Sam behind and then the car jammed in second gear.

Car was really a handful in the race and I need more time working on setup but all in all, I was pleased with the pace on the first weekend, considering Rick and Sam have been running their cars for several years. Sam has really gotten the hang of the Miata and was running very good laps and consistent.

Big prod fields. Sorry to see Randy Wagner lose an engine and not make Sunday. Interesting to see the FP cars (Jesse in Ron Davis' MGB and Sam in his Miata) run 1-2 in EP.

Really disappointed to miss out on the Super Tour podium ceremonies. Congrats to those that made it up there.

Matt93SE":2rho8pgo said:
heh.. no wonder there were 3 Prod cars total at Eagle's Canyon this weekend!

I would have been there but mine is still in the body shop and it ain't looking good for the Sunburn.

I thought the podium ceremonies were fun! I never expected to make it up there in "E" and thought I have to work hard to see it in "F" with the fields that were signed up... I had a really good start in both races which went a long ways... Those RX7's in E had major power, but the miata seem to make it up on the twisty Hallett track... Without the start, I don't think I could have passed many of the RX7's

F was super exiciting with passes early on and lappers towards the end. I like Prills new ride... But harris had the pace and Prill and I couldn't match it. Nice drive Rick... I noticed that Rick just beats me a little bit everywhere...

Anyway, It's a pretty good day when you get to spray champange at Jesse and Rick and the car drives in the trailer needing only normal maintenance before the next event...

Curtis, change your sig, you're not on the bench anymore!

It was a fun and surprising weekend for me. I never knew just how fast that MGB was. Certainly Hallett gives the good handling cars and drivers a chance to equal the power out. I had a great time following Justin Pritchard for a while, it's easy to see why he's a champion driver. I'm really excited to continue the year in E Prod in the midwest division. 13 EP cars were entered and 12 started after an unfortunate crash in qualifying took out Aaron Holstrom's 911.

For those of you who might be interested, that MGB that I drove last weekend is for sale. It's an FP car and the details can be found on my dad's website. www.pratherracing.com

I was really surprised how great the car handled and how great the transmission and brakes and pretty much everything was. Someone is going to get a killer FP car.

I went to Eagles Canyon because it was the only race I could get to and from between final 4 games. My wife bought the OMYGOD expensive tickets and I wasn't going to not go with her. ;-)

Would have really loved to try to run with Chris on his home turf. I did get to sit back and watch the SSB guys go at each other like SM's though. Didn't make Q so I started at the back and promised not to interfere with anyone's race until they split up.

James

James Rogerson":2ne4r246 said:
Would have really loved to try to run with Chris on his home turf. James

On a less than perfect track Albin ran within 2/10 of the track record, and this without any push or challenge. At some points during the weekend Jack Shultz under a second off lap record pace. Hprod competitors were few, but fast.

Back