H Prod Spridget for sale Car is sold!

Mike... Don't know which rock you've been hiding under all these years but I've been trying to just get on the same track with the CFR Vintage guys for years. Most recent was February when they shut me down completely. In 2014 they let me run the yellow car for some test work only because it had a stock style suspension. After that, no dice on getting on the track with them. Go talk to Mike Kennedy. He can tell you all about it. He said that even if I changed the tires I wouldn't be adhering to "the spirit of the Vintage rules".

Again, thanks for the GoPro stuff.

Bob

Bob - I was told I could run with VSCDA with treaded tyres. I think some vintage organizations are starting to come around as car count drops.
Btw I am including a mounted set of Hoosier Street TD’s with my car.
EZ

That's a nice looking car Erick. Got two complete sets of the Hoosier tires for the Vintage build that I could have put on the HP car but it was a no-go with the Vintage group. Hope we both can find a good home for our cars.

Bob

Chris
I think your view is a very recent one and does not reflect the history of the club's efforts to get rid of the old prod-cars. But it may be true that the current CRB is more likely to be generous to prod car requests, I don't know as I gave up hope years ago '[ and I also felt that given my history with them, I might actually hurt any chances a request might have.] But keep in mind that this CRB lives in a world that was created years ago by members who were not shy about their desire for the club to get rid of the old cars and promote newer ones at the expense of many long-time club members. It started with the Steve Petty era, which caused production drivers to near revolt and it continued with the adoption of new roll bar rules that in one stroke wiped out dozens of old cars. And as we all know this led to the consolidation of more than just G/P and then the crocodile tears from the BOD and CRB about how they were forced to do it for lack of entries, a result which they helped to bring about. Where it is now didn't all happen by accident and if you think it did you have not been paying very close attention to events these last 30 years, I believe you see this from a very narrow Lens. But maybe the current CRB is all you say and wants to improve the competitive situation for some older cars, it is in their power to do it right now. They have eyes and can see what cars are not there that were there 4, 6 or more years ago, they don't need any letters to tell them what's going on. If they want to do it they can, I would love to see it and if they do, my apology to them will be posted right here

The big question is, would Mazda ever allow such a move?

rick haynes

Lost my love of the board in '06 when they said we had to upgrade our rear roll bars. Our car had one of the gold seal modifications that were required in the '90s but that didn't count. Spent $275 on tubes and 5 days tearing the car apart to replace the rear hoop and support tubes. Three weeks later they rescinded the requirement.

Loved the Mazda comment.

Bob

Back