GTL sessions

Looks like the local guys are fastest in Q1 with Jon Goodale leading the out of town boys.

It fun to watch on Racemonitor, but nothing like the real thing! Jon worked though a sound issue and seems to be well under the 103 limit now. Looks like we'll have a full field for GTL!

Huffaker 1:40.1
J Saurino 1:41.5
Ermish 1:41.9
Goodale 1:44.2
Prather 1:44.4
Shadowen 1:45
Zekert 1:45.7

-Kyle

Results are up: http://www.scca.com/events/results.cfm?eid=6670

Code:
Pos	Car #	Name	Hometown	Year	Make	Model	Sponsor	Q 1	Q 2	Q 3
1	77	Joe Huffaker	Petaluma, CA		MINI	Cooper	Huffaker Engineering	1:40.138	No time	No time
2	22	Joshua Saurino	Tulsa, OK		MG	Midget	The Race Shop/Kelley Engines/Hoosie	1:41.461	No time	No time
3	88	Troy Ermish	Tracy, CA		Nissan	PL510	Datsun 510 Parts Outlet/LS Energy	1:41.880	No time	No time
4	04	Jonathan Goodale	Conifer, CO		Mazda	Miata	Mazdaspeed/Hoosier/JoeApex.com	1:44.206	No time	No time
5	26	Kent Prather	Wakarusa, KS		Mazda	Miata	PratherRacing/Mazdaspeed/Moss/Torco	1:44.356	No time	No time
6	72	Peter Shadowen	West Palm Beach, FL	1991	Honda	CRX	Road N Race/FlatTop Brewing/Hoosier	1:44.968	No time	No time
7	45	Peter Zekert	Maryland Heights, MO	1999	Nissan	200SX SE-R	Wiseco Pistons/RedLine/RKI Group	1:45.704	No time	No time
8	73	Chris Doodson	Port Coquitlam, BC		Honda	Civic	HPD/Hasport /Hoosier/T&T autoparts	1:46.027	No time	No time
9	38	James Hargrove	Surrey, BC		Honda	Civic	RaceEnergy/Analytic Systems	1:46.343	No time	No time
10	98	Roy Lopshire Jr	Blue Springs, MO	1992	Toyota	Tercel	TRD/Williams Racing Dev/Hoosier	1:48.312	No time	No time
11	03	Christopher Kopley	Bridgeport, CT		MINI	Cooper	AER	1:49.913	No time	No time
12	135	Paul Bunbury	Whistler, BC	1995	Honda	Civic	HPD/Hoosier/Hawk	1:50.332	No time	No time
13	46	Joe Harlan	Oregon City, OR		Nissan	Sentra SE-R	TopTech Motorsports/Hoosier Tires	1:50.784	No time	No time
14	31	Craig Carter	Long Beach, CA	2002	Nissan	Sentra	Hazard Reduction Systems	1:51.241	No time	No time
15	95	Tim Linerud	Belmont, CA		Volkswagen	Rabbit	Performance Fabrication	1:51.851	No time	No time
16	61	NOEL Hayward	Vallejo, CA		MG	Midget	CW Horton General Contractor	1:54.696	No time	No time
17	44	John Bower	Granada Hills, CA		Nissan	Sentra		1:58.205	No time	No time
18	57	Nigel Saurino	Tulsa, OK		MG	Midget	The Race Shop/Kelley Engines/Hoosie	2:00.720	No time	No time
19	49	Ted Phenix	Hawkesbury, ON		MINI	Cooper	GNA alutech inc.	2:02.031	No time	No time

Fun race! Great to see GT5 racing again!

A lesson on how the leader should handle a restart,
and how the person behind the leader shouldn't.

The leader sets the pace.

Inexperience of the lapper on the restart ruined any chance of 2nd place getting back in...

-M

Had a great time! It was fun to meet some of you that I have never met. Top 10 with a 20th place car was good GTL light racing was good all the way through the field! We are now making plans for Ohio!

I had a little moment at the start of the race. Starting 7th, my spotter said "Green, green, green" on the radio. When I went to reply (with the push to talk button on the back of my steering wheel), it came off in my hand. Not the push to talk button, but the steering wheel came off. I decided it was best to put it back, so I did. I will have to look at my data to see if my foot stayed firmly planted on the gas (as it should have).

GREAT RACE TRACK. I am glad I made the trip. The last time I raced here was 1986 in my GT5 Mini. At that time the track did not have the infield section, so turn 2 went right to turn 5, which made turn 6 a huge turn.
Peter

Yep Peter, the old configuration was a gut check from turns 2 to 4. The joke was, if you got 4 wrong, you'd end up in Salinas. Some even tried. I remember an IMSA event when Chris Chord in one of the Dekon Monza's tried to do that.

I also remember Peter Shutts in a BP Split Window Corvette, almost cut the car in half, when he blew a motor in turn 3, spun in his own oil, and then backed it "through" the guard rail. He said he could could touch the guard rail with his right had, while still strapped in the seat.

It's a much safer track, but I just hate the k-walls. Not very forgiving. At least I didn't write off the Wabbit when I spun at the exit of turn 6 on Wednesday. I've previously written off ITB Scirocco's at the exit of turn 4 (1993) and the exit of turn 10 (1994) .

Just waiting to see where the run-offs will be in 2017.

It would've been nice to had a better experience. I think that might have happened if I was in the main paddock. Not much interaction with ANYBODY except for some of us out in Giligans Island.

Somebody from SCCA should be fired for over selling the main paddock spaces.

But we all know that $$$ talks, and that the club doesn't care about us little people, so I'll just crawl back to the garage, fix the car, and run Regionals until 2017, and enjoy the local camaraderie that SFR has.

Safe tows home everybody.

Back