GTL Race - who won??

1. Prather
2. Shadowen
3. Downey
4. Bovis
5. Rivera

Lentz was leading for the first lap or so and retired for unknown reasons.
Hargrove was 3rd before dropping off the pace and retiring about same time as Lentz.

Downey, Bovis, and Rivera had a fun race to watch- Downey and Rivera battled for 3rd most of the race, until Rivera bobbled and spun with about 1 1/2 laps to go while Bovis was charging his way through the field.

http://www.world-challenge.com/event/pi ... ssion=race
If you look at the live timing, it shows the times and such of the current race, but comments from GTL.

WAY TO GO BRIAN !!!! for those of you that don't know, Brian was a part of a cross country dirt bike racing group back in the day, long before he thought about getting into road racing, I know this 'cause we raced together for many years, and to see him him pull off a drive like that, was way too cool, way to go DADDY-O, ( remember that moniker, Brian ? ), I will see next weekend when I am in town.
P.S. kudos to Louie, it was fun watching two guys I know go hammer & tong !!!!

Matt93SE":w5qc4zmv said:
Lentz was leading for the first lap or so and retired for unknown reasons.
Hargrove was 3rd before dropping off the pace and retiring about same time as Lentz.

According to Michael Helmsley, Bobby Lentz had transmission problems and stuck in gear. According to Honda PR, Jim Hargrove broke an Aeroquip fitting.

There were some great drives in the race. Chris Bovis (sometimes on two wheels); Louie Rivera; Peter Shadowen (after getting shuffled back at the start); Brian Downey; Suzuki/Mazda Jon after that wonderful spin in front of me in turn 13; and of course Kent Prather. Kyle Disque qualified and raced very strong. With a LOT of very strong drivers, it came down to the driver with the best prepared program for 2011. I believe Kent Prather did his homework. Congrats Kent.

Peter

Matt93SE":q93l7o9c said:
Saw a post from Lentz on another forum.. He lost a rear seal in the tranny and pulled off to keep from oiling the track.
Wait, I lost a rear transmission seal and pulled off at Turn 3. Peter

Bobby - Gayle, Shirley and I were all out on pit lane rooting for the home team. We were sorry to see you come in after you'd gotten 2nd...but Brian did a nice job! It was quite a battle for 2/3/4.

Watching those in-cars and the Speedcast TV footage it seems like the acceleration between all of these cars is as close as can be reasonably expected unless someone forces all of the cars to have the same engine. Kudos to the CRB and AdComm on SIR/Weight.

Back