Grattan "Last Chance" National

kruck

Three weeks from this weekend, and only eight cars signed up. Total. No interest in this event? I'm going to try to make it. Best freaking Saturday night dinner anywhere, and always a fun and enjoyable event ran by WMR.

Holy crap, I thought it was a week later.

It's the weekend after the Super tour race at blackhawk farms.

I'll go if I can.

kruck":1y6n22mz said:
Three weeks from this weekend, and only eight cars signed up. Total. No interest in this event? I'm going to try to make it. Best freaking Saturday night dinner anywhere, and always a fun and enjoyable event ran by WMR.

Thanks for the plug Kevin. We think well have a descent turnout as we're the last national in both GLDiv and CenDiv. We expect the entries to pick up pace after the Cat Nat next weekend. I'm on vacation and will start promoting it on the various websites, email blasts, etc. when I get back.

We have a slightly different format this year. We've added a restricted double regional for FST cars. They put on a helluva show at our past regional events so we thought we'd promote them a bit and give them a 'showcase' DR. If you haven't seen these cars before, put down your wrenches and watch their race.....wow.

Dayle

I had planned on going this year but I've found that I have to go back to the drawing board with my engine... again. :( Hopefully I will finish out this year with a couple of regionals.

mengelke":t907qhaz said:
Is there a link to the schedule? I may bring over a STL car for the weekend.

It's on the MSR event page. It can be found at wmr-SCCA.motorsportreg.com.

Dayle

Well, at least there should be plenty of available paddock space.....

Looks like I need to be there by about 8:30pm tonight if I want to get through registration and tech. Saw there is express tech, and you can even print off your own tech form and fill it out ahead of time - that's nice. Five hour drive, means I have to leave at 3:30.....which means I have to leave work by about 2:30. Hmmm, that might be a little rough, but we'll see.

Got to Grattan last night and it's been raining hard ever since, cold too! Supposed to clear up tomorrow, let's hope. Also id you are coming fropm the south ignore the detour when you get to Grattan. The road is open to the track. Looks like no practive day either, total washout.

Yeah, I've been watching Terry Gilvin's (Hoosier rep) Facebook updates today, and it looks like you guys might be better off piloting boats around that track today.

Need to stick out work for like 20 more minutes....

For once I actually brought the qual results back to the hotel and can post them.

The morning session was weird. This track weeps water a little bit...but just he and there so some places are fast and some are treacherous. So the session was kind of a wash for me. I was leaking diff fluid (again) and was sloppy in the right handers. And since this is a CW course, that's no good. But I got a fix for the afternoon session and things were much better.

But enough about me, here's the grid......

Pos OA / PIC / Class / Name / Time
1 / 1 / FP / Walker (John) / 1:27.035
2 / 1 / EP / Halkias / 1:27.263
3 / 2 / FP Ruck / 1:27.335
4 / 2 / EP / Albright / 1:28.176
5 / 3 / EP / Martz / 1:29.096
6 / 1 / STL / Novah / 1:31.988
7 / 4 / EP Coffey / 1:32.015
8 / 2 / STL /Childs / 1:32.470
9 / 1 / HP / Frame / 1:35.526
10 / 2 / HP / Harragan / 1:35.623
11 / 3 / HP / Stanford / 1:36.134
12 / 5 / EP / Olson (Rich) / 1:36.272
13 / 3 / STL / Campbell / 1:36.317
14 / 1 / GTL / Partridge / 1:42.933

The weather tomorrow is supposed to be low 80's and dry....perfect.

Dayle

Back