Fuel Cell info

tdw6974

Looking for suggestion/guidance for fuel cell set up. Looking in 16 to 18 gallon range. Thanks Tom Weaver

On my first Sprite, I built a cage that held not only the cell but also had mounted the fuel pumps and filter housing. I used a four pin trailer connector to make a quick connect wiring harness (two powers, two grounds). Four bolts, one AN6 fitting and on electrical connection and BOOM...it was out of the chassis. Pretty slick if I do say so myself. Should work for any size cell. I used 1" square, aluminum, tubing so it was pretty light too.

Dayle

I did the exact same thing as Dayle on my sprite that I built in 1990 also using 1" square tubing. Never had to take it out but it was nice knowing it was a 10 minute job if needed.

At the time I thought it was worth the weight and fabrication effort since the lateral locater for the rear axle was set up to quickly change from: 1) panhard bar 2) vertical watts link 3) horizontal watts link. I thought the changeover might qo quicker with the cell etc out of the way.

Back