FP sessions

None of these links are working here. The supertour link has old data, RaceMonitor is 'waiting for data' forever, and the sccalive link is getting no data. Too bad.

Randy - FYI - qualifying starts at 8:30 (11:30 EST) not at 8:00, so Race Monitor and SCCA Live should be good to go then.

So, is it BMC? or BLC?
Regardless, they're 1,2,3 after Q1. I'm impressed. 8) Nice job Brian. You other two guys too. :wink:

Session was a bit of a cluster for me. Lots of traffic. No clean lap.

Nigel stuffed it into the tires driver's right at 6. John said he's ok. Don't know condition of the car, although I suspect it can and will be repaired. I'll go out on a limb and predict that 41.9 won't be the final pole time with an early session Wednesday.

Randy Canfield":2ogrdkcc said:
And they are! Duh. Thanks.

No problem Randy. I did the same thing and was refreshing the computer screen every 30 seconds until I realized the first session was at 11:30 not 11!

Let's hope the LBC guys stay at the top of the grid in day 2!

Looks like Eric got a good push from SuperMax today.

Joe Huffaker put down a quick last lap right at the checker to move to P2.

Eric Prill 1:41.062
Joe Huffaker 1:41.513
Bill Hingston 1:41.570
Nigel Saurino 1:41.690
Patrick Crider 1:41.870
Rick Harris 1:42.122

Great lap by Eric yesterday. Seeing how much all of Wednesday's morning groups improved over their Tuesday afternoon session times, yet all of the Wednesday afternoon groups struggled to better their Tuesday morning times, I'm not so sure the FP/GTL group will be able to improve in their last session today, which is back in an afternoon slot.

I'm amazed by the standing FP record. 1.8 seconds faster than the curent pole, and with technology from 18 years ago? Wow.
FP - Joe Huffaker - MG Midget - 1:39.280 - 7/28/96

craig bryant":3d8u8erc said:
1:39.975. Well done Brian.

Craig

:applause: I'm impressed! VERY well done indeed! With three laps in there in the mid 1:40's too.

Almost makes me wish I was out there...watching. :whistle:

Awesome session, and a great lap by Brian. Hopefully no one got banged up too bad, causing the FCY. Prill gave it one hell of a final shot in the last four minutes that it went green.

Getting to see everyone's segment times on the scca.growsites.net site is really cool. Could see all their fastest laps building while they were running them.

Congrats to Brian. Great lap and it looks like there was more there for him.

Couple things didn't work as planned for me today, but we'll correct those for tomorrow.

Should be a fun race. Lots of LBCs up there with my "massive" Miata.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca should be re-named MG Raceway Laguna Seca as the MG MIDGET'S just finished 1/2 in F Production.Congrats to both Nigel and Joe. This should quiet those who thought the MIDGET'S could not do it. Not bad for fifty old cars. The Spirit of British Leyland lives on and Rules

WOW!!!!!!

Congrats to leaders. What a race!

Live feed: Best thing SCCA ever did

Be still, my heart.

Makes me wish I'd made the trip.

Thank you, ERIC

RJS

Damn shame what happened at the start. Lot of good cars taken out. I saw some video from Weber and my own rear facing and I don't know that there was much to say other than 3 wide in T2 can either work or it won't.

I got to the gas a tick faster than Brian, but the Lotus has good torque and beat me up the hill. The big surprise was Nigel, who was right on his "bumper". I actually expected for Brian and I to pull both Midgets, so that was a bad sign for the rest of the race. Nigel's car had big power.

Brian broke early into T2, so I was able to get alongside him for the lead, but he pushed out in the center and my adjustment caused me to go off on the exit, which dropped me back to 4th just that quick.

Nigel went for the lead right away in 6, but Brian retaliated in 7, with Nigel doing the over/under. They gapped Joe and me pretty good the next half lap, with Brian in Nigel's tow up the front straight. In T6 on lap 2, Brian hit the red curb. The red curb is like the center rail. Don't touch it. Brian looped it around and Nigel was all by himself. In addition to the power, Nigel also had the best handling car and he's an excellent driver. There was simply no catching him without him having bad luck.

It was a pleasure to race with Joe. We had contact one time--coming down the corkscrew he anticipated me going faster out of there and just got into my rear bumper. No biggie. Otherwise, we were side by side often, swapped the spot back and thoroughly used our cars completely up by the end. My car was out of tires, brakes and nearly fuel. Had a big stumble the last 3 laps exiting 2, which pretty much sealed my fate to be P3.

I got crossed up coming out of T11 one lap and it hooked right shooting me through the exit of the gravel. It ended up tearing out the floor of my air dam and left it on the road. That weighs about 10 lbs. I made weight by 1 :shock:

Overall, I loved driving and racing at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. I definitely would love to do it again some time. Also great to have Joe back and I hope to get a chance to race with him in the future. Bucket list track without question. Everyone should come here once.

Back