Forums in Read-Only Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Magneticat

The forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Due to a wrong setting change by administrators, older posts have been pruned. We are in the process of restoring the old posts but it might take a bit of work. The forums will be open again as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Reminder: the board is in read-only mode while we attempt to recover the old databases. We did this because anything posted now will be lost when we restore.

No ETA on when this will be resolved. But the priority will be to restore/retain the historical info.

GA

Mr Stine asked for an update...

The Prod discussion forum status is still on me. We're working with a developer in Finland right now to covert the database to another product, and then try to recover some of the older databases that were lost in a crash a few years ago (plus the latest one). I continue to leave this forum locked because any current discussions will be lost when we do the conversion and restore the DBs.

Right now it's held up in funding and time. Since we have no funds, we are at the bottom of the developer's priorities. Plus we have to buy some licensing for the new application (Xenforo, the same software that's being used on GT40S.com).

Since the board is not functional I'm not comfy asking for donations yet...but if you want to help out, you can send a PayPal donation to "GT40S.COM" (no quotes) and note "Production Forum Upgrade" in the "What's this for?" box...let me know if you do...appreciated but not required right now.

Info when I have it! - GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back