F Prod SCCA Datsun 510 fresh engine, alum trailer, spares

carrera1988

I am selling for a deceased friend a well developed SCCA F Production spec Datsun PL510 race car. This car can run Vintage in HSR, VSRA, SCCA etc. It has a totally fresh 1.6 ltr engine with W53 uncut peanut head with large valves, all new valvetrain components, forged domed pistons with 11:1 compression, external valve train oiling, balanced internals, quartermaster clutch and pressure plate, new oil pump, Mikuni 44’s with 36 chokes, MSD 6AL ignition system, gear reduction starter, Nissan Motorsports exhaust header. The car has a Griffen aluminum radiator, elect radiator fan (not installed but included and wired for), an accusump system in car but not currently plumbed to engine (all AN fittings, ss braided lines and oil cooler included), custom baffled and enlarged oil sump pan, 12 gal FIA rated fuel cell with dual elect pumps, spin on fuel filter and all AN / ss braided lines with adj’l fuel pressure regulator, 5# Firebottle halon fire suppression system w/ 3 nozzles, full AutoMeter guage set with large tach, oil pressure, water temp, oil temp and voltage, complete switch box with starter button, ignition, fuel pump, fan, and accessory, wink mirror, quick release steering wheel hub, window net, large aluminum race seat, pro built cage, lightweight fiberglass hood and trunk lid, Lexan windshield and rear window. Suspension consists of Carrera front coil overs and inserts, relocated front control arm pivots, bump steer blocks, Koni rear adj’l shocks, Z brakes front and rear with cooling ducting up front and front to rear proportioning valve, welded R160 4:11 diff, uprated front and rear antisway bars with solid bushings, solid rear subframe bushings.

This sale includes an all aluminum dual axle trailer with electric brakes and front mounted storage box. Also included is a lifetime collection of spares including 4 cranks, 1 flywheel, 3 heads (W53, A87, 210), 3 cams (“B”, Isky 272, 071), 2 oil pumps (1 w/ adj’l pressure), 2 transmissions, 3 diffs (LSD 3.70, open 3.90, ?), set 4 rods, set 4 forged pistons, 2 good blocks, new total seal ring set, box full of valve train parts, rear half shafts, steering box, various gaskets, valve covers, front cover, control arms, front and trans and real crossmembers, rear suspension arms, 1 stock steel hood, etc.

Note the pictures of the car do not show the grill and headlight bezels which are with the car. It needs fresh belts, fresh tires and a wash and is ready to go.

The car has not run for approx 3 years when engine was removed for freshening. It has two wins at Pocono Nat’l, a 2nd at Watkins Glen Nat’l, a 3rd at VIR Nat’l and many regional wins. It has the SCCA logbook. The car is located in Virginville, PA. I can be reached at [email protected]. I have many pics I can send. Asking $8000 obo

I wish I had room / time / money / etc too! I was intimately involved in a lot of the build when the car was in FL. thanks for the compliment.

I just passed this car on a trailer heading north on I-69 just south of Marshall, MI....and, yes, it looks nice. I hope that it's going to be campaigned locally and look forward to seeing it on track soon.

So who bought it?

Dayle

Back