EP z3 transmission

cplucker1

looking at a donor for a Z3 EP project.

What transmission are most guys using for this car ?

found a cheap nearby car but it is a automatic, are most using a ZF out of the 2.8 cars or something fancy ?

Thanks

We also run the stock ZF 5 speed. Should finally have it back together and at NOLA. Riley is going to contest it this year.

thanks, been looking at these gearboxes, seems the only problem is that internal parts do not seem to be available. I used to run a e-36 champ car that had a ZF, had a weak synchro but we just dealt with it.

Holy moly do those things cost that much...?

I'm amazed that we allow that expense; it just seems so wasteful. We could allow it for those that really really want it but make the penalty for it really really hurt.

"In our constant club-racer quest to make our cars faster, safer and "more reliable" we have pushed for rule changes that simply accelerated the rate of entropy. Every class of production racing does this, of course, until it finally brings on its own demise." - Peter Egan

They can-- an Andrews new is something like that. Hell they will LEASE you one they cost so much.

You can get a used Andrews or a new gForce or HIghtower for $5-7k though. I'm not sure they are huge advantage. I think if I had a nice shifting, reliable, stock transmission I'd go with that -- Z3 and Miata for example.

Back