EP sessions

Will there be live timing and scoring for us on the east coast to follow? Link?

Joe Downer
Charlotte, N.C.

Results are up:

http://www.scca.com/events/results.cfm?eid=6670

Q1:

Code:
Pos	Car #	Name	Hometown	Year	Make	Model	Sponsor	Q 1	Q 2	Q 3
1	76	Jim Daniels	Germantown, TN		Mazda	Miata	WebLaps.com	1:37.973	No time	No time
2	71	Matt Reynolds	Boerne, TX		Mazda	Miata	ReynoldsBros Rcg/JPM/VintageConnect	1:38.362	No time	No time
3	34	Jesse Prather	Topeka, KS	2010	Mazda	MX-5	JPM/Mazdaspeed/Carbotech/Hoosier	1:39.738	No time	No time
4	5	Aaron Downey	Rossmoor, CA	1976	Mazda	Miata	roundpeg.com/Mazdaspeed/Carbotech	1:40.135	No time	No time
5	17	Josh Carroll	Danville, CA		Mazda	RX-7	Endsight	1:40.941	No time	No time
6	89	Jon Brakke	Fargo, ND		Mazda	Miata	Margaret Peterson Bars	1:41.004	No time	No time
7	43	Bruce Qvale	Palm Beach, FL	1973	Jensen-Healey	Healey	Huffaker Engineering	1:42.582	No time	No time
8	7	Larry Cooper	Sparks, NV		Datsun	240z	Half Bald !?	1:43.406	No time	No time
9	14	Roland Kamber	Campbell, CA		Mazda	RX-7	Precision Identity Corp.	1:43.648	No time	No time
10	138	John Longwell	Fallbrook, CA	1997	BMW	318is	Achilles Motorsports/Hoosier	1:44.178	No time	No time
11	9	Rick Kosdrosky	Granbury, TX		Caterham	7 America	Kosmic Enterprises/Hoosier/Summit	1:44.662	No time	No time
12	42	Philip Royle	Winnetka, CA		Mazda	RX-7	CureSarcoma/Electromotive/Hoosier	1:44.774	No time	No time
13	75	Mike Halbrook	Coppell, TX		Caterham	7 America		1:45.742	No time	No time
14	109	Scott Graf	Toledo, OR		Nissan	260-Z	Eat Fish/ Eat Crab	1:45.819	No time	No time
15	74	Paul Pineider	Colleyville, TX		Caterham	7 America	pfacpa.com/Pinnacle Autosports	1:47.905	No time	No time
16	53	Guy Ruse	Boulder, CO	1987	Mazda	RX-7	BIG CHOICE Brewing	1:49.961	No time	No time
17	27	Jamie Blust	Castle Rock, CO		Mazda	RX-7	Mazda/Hoosier	1:50.667	No time	No time
18	3	Larry Svaton	Alvin, TX		Caterham	7 America	Over Fifty Motorsports/Hoosier Tire	1:53.708	No time	No time
19	96	James Hagerty	Santa Barbara, CA		Mazda	RX-7	Mariah motorsport/Hoosier Tire West	1:54.210	No time	No time
20	2	Brandon Droese	Goleta, CA	1987	Mazda	RX-7	Mariah Motorsports	1:56.321	No time	No time
21	79	Phil Mendelovitz	Tarzana, CA		Nissan	SRL 311U	Toptech Motorsports	1:59.847	No time	No time
22	19	Kale Swifts	Surrey, BC		Mazda	RX-7	West Coast Hot Rods/Allan Autotech	2:04.967	No time	No time
23	188	Michal Karpinski	Hayward, CA		Mazda	RX-7	Rotary Evolution/Wacky Wankel Race	2:11.425	No time	No time

Curious. Is the Qvale Jensen Healey the black former Runoffs winner that frequents vintage races all over? Joe drove the wheels off of it in our group at SVRA Indy and it won a Vintage Championship at SVRA COTA last fall. If the cars are the same I love it. Very historic car.

Russ Myers":34kq051t said:
Where did Aaron Downey get a 1976 Miata?

Russ

He converted his RX3. :think:

5 Downey, Aaron 1976 Mazda RX-3 roundpeg.com/ Mazdaspeed Motorsports/ Carbotech/ JRI Shocks Rossmoor, CA

Curtis":q2wnbqsz said:
Curious. Is the Qvale Jensen Healey the black former Runoffs winner that frequents vintage races all over? Joe drove the wheels off of it in our group at SVRA Indy and it won a Vintage Championship at SVRA COTA last fall. If the cars are the same I love it. Very historic car.

It is my understanding that there are two Jensen Healey's. The vintage one is (was?) owned by the Lind brothers and is the DP car from the '70s. I believe the one at the Runoffs was the car that won EP in the '90s... I had heard it use to have a pushrod rear suspension, which was outlawed some years later (I believe this is part of the reason Hardy Prentice parked his TR3). If that's the case, I guess they have since changed it.

hoffman900":raa8ozvd said:
It is my understanding that there are two Jensen Healey's. The vintage one is (was?) owned by the Lind brothers and is the DP car from the '70s. I believe the one at the Runoffs was the car that won EP in the '90s... I had heard it use to have a pushrod rear suspension, which was outlawed some years later (I believe this is part of the reason Hardy Prentice parked his TR3). If that's the case, I guess they have since changed it.

Bob, that is correct, that car was also the first car to use a sequential gear box in prod, which a year later they were outlawed for all of prod.

Here's pic of the current prep Jensen Healey.

Acme Speed Shop":1b1o4tly said:
hoffman900":1b1o4tly said:

Bob, that is correct, that car was also the first car to use a sequential gear box in prod, which a year later they were outlawed for all of prod.

Here's pic of the current prep Jensen Healey.

I believe the Pratt Cole 1600 Miata used the first seq gearbox.

Read on FB that Jesse's engine let go during yesterday's qualifying, and he's done. Sorry to hear it. Was anxious to see what he'd do come the weekend, as he was still dropping chunks of time. :(

kruck":3k9w5fxr said:
Read on FB that Jesse's engine let go during yesterday's qualifying, and he's done. Sorry to hear it. Was anxious to see what he'd do come the weekend, as he was still dropping chunks of time. :(

Man that sucks. Sorry Jesse.

There has to be an MX5 in the parking lot that wouldn't miss just one rod for a few days .....

:twisted:

-Kyle

Maybe it is now a good time to ask for LP prod aftermarket rods, finally ???
Nah, forget it...

Back