Double Nat'l at Thunderhill March 10-11

Neil Verity

Results are up on mylaps.com

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent ... &org=32147

Small Prod groups but great weather and good racing.

Sat. race:
EP
Bruce Ackerman (p1800) 2:03.6
Aaron Downey (Rx3) 2:03.5
Tony Jimerson (Rx7) 2:06.9
Gary Gist (Rx7) 2:06.3

FP
Wayne Shover (510) 2:08.6
Chuck Horton (midget) 2:11.2

HP
Neil Verity (MGB) 2:09.0
Mike Cummings (sprite) 2:16.8
Jon Becker (mini) 2:26.6

Sunday Race:
EP
Tony Jimerson (Rx7) 2:05.2
Gary Gist (Rx7) 2:04.2
Bruce Ackerman (p1800) 2:02.7
Aaron Downey (Rx3) 2:00.9

FP
Chuck Horton (midget) 2:07.8

HP
Neil Verity (MGB) 2:08.4
Mike Cummings (sprite) 2:16.9
Jon Becker (mini) 2:26.1

Looks like new tires make a difference for you Neil. The lap times look good.

It seems I have inherited your clutch problem. When I came into impound after the race at Willow Springs the clutch would not disengage. Good thing I have a dog ring gear box, I didn't even know I had a clutch problem until I tried to stop.

Neil-
Are you doing the double Rational at Infinion in July? I haven't been up there since '97, when it was called Sears Point, but it is one of my favorite tracks. They stopped running Nationals up there awhile ago, but thinking of making the trip now that there is a Rational. Also considering a trip to CO for the Majors races, but I need to find some speed before I make either trip.

Brian

Thunderhill is a great track. Having said that, I saw plans (photos on the wall in the tower)for "Thunderhill West" which is a complete stand alone track being proposed on the other side of the hill between turns 9 and 10. Length would be close to 2.8 miles and with the planned connections to the existing track would be close to 5.5 miles in length. Could run 2 tracks at the same time or connect. Might need a bigger fuel cell. Will see if it happens...

Gary, sorry to hear about your clutch.... these things always come in clusters so perhaps Jason is next? The combined Hoosers and Goodyears worked pretty good although, it assures I get no contigency tires from anyone....running 2 of each

Jason, I'm sure next time the Yaris comes up...you will give us all a run for the money... I think last time you were on the wrong tires and still sorting out your car... Hope to see an HP crowd at Button-Willow in April. I might also do Fontana in the Summer....if it is a double Rational. Can't justify the tow for a single race.

Brian, yes, I plan on doing the Rational at Infinion. Infinion is a lot of fun. Everyone I talked to at TH were planning on trying to get out for this race. Should be good. If you havn't done Infinion, you need to come out.

Ron, good to hear from you and hey..you are correct... I need to read the fine print. Bested my older race record by ~ 0.02. Thanks. P.S. I hear Chuck has your old car.... Have Noel put a 1275 lump in it and come on out to Infinion.

Congrats with the new record, Neil. Maybe you found the secret of going faster with a mix of Hoosiers and Goodyears. What's next...Hoosiers on the left and Goodyears on the right?

I just found out that my old car is now in Chuck's stable. He must be trying to corner the market for Spridgets on the west coast.
He also bought the Tabor engine. I would love to do the rational at Sears. My favorite track. I need to rent a car from Chuck and I am not sure if he wants to rent me one. We'll see.

Ron

Back