delong cam numbers

Kerry Foote

I'm sure that this was answered some time ago, could somebody please re-submit what the numbers on the nose of a De Long cam mean? Thsnk you.

Kerry:
IIRC, there was some discussion on one of the message boards about how to "decode" Delong's numbering. May have been a few years back, but I don't think the link that David posted said anything about the decoding. My rememberence is that the last two numbers were the lobe center and the first two or three were 1/4 of the duration. So a 7602 would be a 102 (102.5) lobe center with 304 duration. Duration most likely would be advertised and not at 0.050" lift. Also most likely symmetrical (same lobes on IN/EXH and shaped the same from lobe peak). Degree wheel and dial indicator can confirm.

All cam suppliers have their codes. Just need the right decoder-ring
>

Mike Miller
Comptune

Mike Miller":3n3fjysc said:
Kerry:
IIRC, there was some discussion on one of the message boards about how to "decode" Delong's numbering. May have been a few years back, but I don't think the link that David posted said anything about the decoding. My rememberence is that the last two numbers were the lobe center and the first two or three were 1/4 of the duration. So a 7602 would be a 102 (102.5) lobe center with 304 duration. Duration most likely would be advertised and not at 0.050" lift. Also most likely symmetrical (same lobes on IN/EXH and shaped the same from lobe peak). Degree wheel and dial indicator can confirm.

All cam suppliers have their codes. Just need the right decoder-ring

Mike Miller
Comptune

Mike I posted that years ago, and it was for Elgin Cams, not Delong cams, the numbering formula was given to me directly over the phone by Mr. Elgin himself.

Back