Consolidation of Divison Questions

Im getting ready to renew my membership and license and need to designate which division to be a member of. Since I live on the border between the Northeast and the Southeast I have at times gone from one division or the other depending on where I was going to race more often. My question is since the development of the Majors program and consolidtating the NE and SE into only the east division how does this effect races in and out of divsion for points accumulation? On the application there is no only east division, is this suppose to happen in 2013? How does this consolidation affect the tow fund for the Runoffs? Anyone know the answers?

Interesting question. Call SCCA I'm sure they have all the answers! last year I won Division and Majors but only got one tow fund ck; all I expected just don't know if it was for Division or Majors. Sounds like another profit center for National office as I expect several people will win their Division and Majors in their conference.
Another irritant to me; I asked late summer when the Runoffs would be next year so I could plan, I do have another life. I was told it would be settled soon, maybe by this year's Runoffs. Well no word yet on the SCCA site but Road America sent out their schedule listing it! Further evidence of the workings of the Secret Car Club of America. I'll bet that will be announced with great fanfare at PRI also while we continue to wait so we can plan our year.

If I can try to add some clarity to a significant change that seems to be causing confusion, Divisions are not being combined at the Division level. NEDiv and SEDiv will continue to exist and run their own programs (and the Region programs within each Division.) The Majors program is an overlay that links the two Divisions into the East Conference. This only affects scoring for the Majors events in the Conference for 2013.

There should be more information coming out of PRI on Friday.

kevin leigh said:
Im getting ready to renew my membership and license and need to designate which division to be a member of. Since I live on the border between the Northeast and the Southeast I have at times gone from one division or the other depending on where I was going to race more often. My question is since the development of the Majors program and consolidtating the NE and SE into only the east division how does this effect races in and out of divsion for points accumulation? On the application there is no only east division, is this suppose to happen in 2013? How does this consolidation affect the tow fund for the Runoffs? Anyone know the answers?

Frogeye said:
Interesting question. Call SCCA I'm sure they have all the answers! last year I won Division and Majors but only got one tow fund ck; all I expected just don't know if it was for Division or Majors. Sounds like another profit center for National office as I expect several people will win their Division and Majors in their conference.
Another irritant to me; I asked late summer when the Runoffs would be next year so I could plan, I do have another life. I was told it would be settled soon, maybe by this year's Runoffs. Well no word yet on the SCCA site but Road America sent out their schedule listing it! Further evidence of the workings of the Secret Car Club of America. I'll bet that will be announced with great fanfare at PRI also while we continue to wait so we can plan our year.

The Runoff's contract was announced a couple of years ago that it would run through 2013 at RA. No big new flash that it is on the RA 2013 calender.. and it has been on the SCCA web site for awhile now.
Who did you ask? The bids for the 2014 and byond Runoff's are being put out soon from what I heard.

Where did you find dates for 2013? I just looked again at SCCA.com. I knew it was at Road America just not for certain what dates and they would not confirm when asked. Still don't find it listed.

Rob, I was told by the staff that it would be the same week as 2012. I don't think the schedule is set yet.

I received some sort of marketing deal (fridge magnet?) from Road America yesterday that had their 2013 schedule. I recall that the Runoffs are Sept 16-22, 2013.

As far as the tow fund goes, I believe it is based on your listed address and not your region/division of record....I checked the Runoffs sup reg's:

3. TRAVEL/TOW FUND
3.1. A Tow Fund will be collected and maintained by the SCCA during the 2012 season for the purpose of partially reimbursing the expenses of certain drivers
invited to the Runoffs®.
3.2. Fund Determination: A driver's payment will be determined by the following:
Straight line mileage (calculated using Latitude and Longitude) from the driver’s permanent residence to Road America.
 The address will be checked against the permanent residence of the driver as of the date the entry is received at the National Office. The permanent
residence will be the residence listed on the driver's last license renewal application unless a notice of change of permanent residence has been
received before the receipt of the entry.
Note: False representation of permanent residence may result in penalties as provided in GCR section 7.2.
3.3. Distribution of Tow Fund: Tow fund will be paid to drivers who meet the following criteria:

 Top three (3) drivers with the highest points total in each class from each Division if they attend the event (no tow money will be paid to drivers living
closer than 299 miles and the maximum mileage to be paid will be 2,100 miles).
 Drivers who do not finish in the top three in their division, but finish in the top three in the Invitational Classes of the Majors Pilot will
also be eligible for tow fund.
 If any of the top three in points in a class do NOT attend the event, the tow fund will NOT be paid farther down the points list.

I got the same thing from RA and know the date, suspected what i would be but wanted comnfirmation before planning a tirp. Just surprised I had to find out from them and not SCCA.

Frogeye said:
I got the same thing from RA and know the date, suspected what i would be but wanted comnfirmation before planning a tirp. Just surprised I had to find out from them and not SCCA.

At the Attendees Dinner on Thursday during the Runoffs (where I gave away the prod party funds), Terry Ozment announced that the event would be the same week as 2012.

Armed with that, I now know when all the bad shit will happen to me.

Dayle

This question of: which division to belong/race within, was one I first posed when the majors discussion started here...appears, that question still is hanging...

For me, I currently belong to SEDIV... pairing that up with NEDIV for a conference, makes belonging to MWDIV a better fit when viewed under the Majors and towing distances....hard to tell what to do without a schedule, tho...

Still haven't heard anything about what happens on declaring a "division" before the 2nd race in the Div.. yet in SEDiv, that happens before Jan 1. 2013...so, thinking I might race in MW/SW/RM for Majors, but not able to declare it in time... a technical issue. (don't know why I worry...F Midgets aren't a weapon of choice for anyone, anyplace.....low on fun money...and vintage is still attactive....so much to do, with so little....)

Also, don't know if lic. requirements will remain the same...with no national program....??

Waiting for renewal packet... need form(s) to get physical scheduled on this years health insurance... + to get on region of record for racing defined......

Most confounding...

Oh well...

I'm going to the last PRI in Florida tommorrow... hope to find the media center by time on Thurs... but, rather doubt I can...timing defeats real reason to be at PRI...

Bob L.

Back