Cancellation - Gateway R/N/IT - July 28/29

KelleyHux

The following appeared in my email box tonight:

Urgent Message regarding the July 28-29, 2012 Club Racing Event
The St. Louis Region Board of Directors and the Club Race Committee regrets to announce that we have decided to cancel the Regional/National/IT Tour club race that was scheduled at Gateway Motorsports Park on July 28-29, 2012. We did not come to this decision lightly and we apologize to anybody who is adversely affected by this decision. Unfortunately we had a very low turnout at our recent May race and took a large financial loss and we believe cancelling the July race is in the best interest of the long term continuation of the St. Louis Region's club race program.

The region will be holding a meeting at Russo's Cafe on Monday June 11, 2012 at 6:30pm. Russo's is located at 9904 Page Ave - St. Louis, MO 63132. We are inviting everybody to attend this meeting and we will discuss our current financial situation, reasoning for cancelling this race and the future of club racing in St. Louis. We hope to have a large turnout at this meeting and a productive discussion about the club racing program.

We are committed to the future of SCCA club racing in the St. Louis Region and we hope that you will help us strengthen this program for the future of racing in this area.

Personally I wasn't planning to attend this race, as it's 500 miles one way for me to go and work the event. However, I'm very disappointed to see St Louis have to cancel a race this year considering they were not racing last year.

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR

Is this in one of the Major's areas? will this effect the classes that can't go to the Topeka race?

EDIT - I see that this is in the same division as the Topeka invitational. What can be done to support the classes that don't have this event as a runoffs qualification race and can't go to the Topeka race?

Bobby, Yes, Gateway is in MidDiv, part of the Major's geographic area.

The cancellation is a huge blow to me (as a GTL) since my entry was rejected for the upcoming Heartland Park Topeka race (not one of the 10 classes). I need one more race and there is only one chance left, August in Hastings.

Oh well. Peter

Peter, June 30-July 1 at High Plains, Double National. You, Kent and me, now that would be fun!!

I'm disappointed about the cancellation but understand. It's the closest track to me and I had it on the schedule and the days off. Looks like Topeka will be the las race for me before the runoffs.

Back