American Racer 15" tire

zChris

OK, so I did an initial test with the AR tire at Midohio. I had previously bedded a set in at Limerock while testing my new car. Interesting note, after bedding them in the car sat for a half hour or so and when I went to jack the car up the tires pretty well stuck to the pavement. They felt great during bedding. Like on rails. So I had high hopes for them. Went to Mid-o and they were not real fast. I ran them in the saturday morning qualifier. Not so impressed. Came back and all that nice stickness the tires previously had was gone. The tries were soft but not sticky to the touch at all. So I threw on a set of Hoosier bias that I got used on ebay with an unknown number of heat cycles. Then I put another 3 20 minutes sessions on them at Limerock prior to Mid-O. And was 2 seconds a lap faster though still 5 seconds off the pace. So the used Hoosiers were slow. But the new AR's were even slower. I did not have the time nor inclination to use up any more of my car testing the AR's. Maybe a good poor mans tire??? So all that were panicking about the AR's, no worries.
Chris
PS anyone want these AR's for free. Just pay shipping.

That was pretty much the consensus on allowing them on wider wheels and whatnot. they're simply not as fast as the Hoosier or GY, but are a cheap alternative.

Back