2016 Majors

JasonIsley99

http://www.racer.com/scca-home/item/122 ... mpionships

Listed below is the schedule for the 2016 SCCA U.S. Majors Tour, part of the SafeRacer National Club Racing Program, as of now:

Mid-States Conference
April 9-10: Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (Jennings, Okla.)
May 14-15: Gateway Motorsports Park (Madison, Ill.)
May 28-29: Pueblo Motorsports Park (Pueblo, Colo.)
July 2-3: High Plains Raceway (Deer Trail, Colo.)
At least one event will be added at a later date

Northern Conference
April 30-May 1: Blackhawk Farms Raceway (South Beloit, Ill.)
June 3-5*: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Lexington, Ohio)
July 9-10: GingerMan Raceway (South Haven, Mich.)
Aug. 13-14: Grattan Raceway (Belding, Mich.)
Two events will be added at a later date
* - Pending track confirmation

Northeast Conference
April 15-17: VIRginia International Raceway (Alton, Va.) – with Southeast Conference
April 29-May 1: Summit Point Motorsports Park (Summit Point, W. Va.)
June 24-26: Watkins Glen International (Watkins Glen, N.Y.)
Aug. 13-14: Pocono Raceway (Long Pond, Pa.)
Two events to be added at a later date

Southeast Conference
Jan. 8-10: Homestead-Miami Speedway (Homestead, Fla.)
Jan. 15-17: Sebring International Raceway (Sebring, Fla.)
March 18-20: Road Atlanta (Braselton, Ga.)
April 15-17: VIRginia International Raceway (Alton, Va.) – with Northeast Conference

Western Conference
Jan. 29-31: Auto Club Speedway (Fontana, Calif.)
Feb. 20-21: Willow Springs International Raceway (Rosamond, Calif.)
April: TBD
April 29-May 1: Buttonwillow Raceway Park (Buttonwillow, Calif.)
May 28-30: Pacific Raceways (Kent, Wash.)
July 2-3: Portland International Raceway (Portland, Ore.)

I wonder if the NW would not see a better turnout if the Pacific event was in late June (or mid July), allowing it to be run back to back with PIR? We end up getting six races in six weeks via the traditional schedule: Thunderhill two weeks before BWRP and on to Pacific. Seems like to much in to little time to me... That is a lot of travel and a lot of $$$ in a short span of time. Then we sit around all summer with only one date in Portland. Might be nice to have the two NW events a few weeks apart making it attractive to leave your rig up there. Also spacing them out from the already busy front half of the Western season would give people a chance to recover. :ask:

I would love to see the Rose Cup as a Majors. Even though it treated my car poorly this year. :cry:

The new webpage is pretty weak. I stil cant find the runoffs qualifying and points required etc.
Can we take points from any conference? Where is the chart and why is it so hard to find?

Jason, Memorial Day weekend and 4th of July weekend, those are set in stone for Pacific Raceways and Portland.

I sure hope that the TBD date for the Western is for some place in the San Francisco Region. They used to we were the region that knows how. I guess they forgot.

Mike, we all know how well SFR has supported the National / Majors programs over the years. My guess it will be one of the first 2 weekends in April, but they didn't finalize it yet.

Maybe they are waiting for the 2018 location before they agree to the 2016 and 2017 Western Conference schedule. :lol

I might just do the Northern conf races due to there being TWO day
events! However my work can take me very close to the Glen and
Pocono;-)

Mid-States Conference-- 1-way Distances from Houston, TX:
April 9-10: Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (Jennings, Okla.), 505 miles
May 14-15: Gateway Motorsports Park (Madison, Ill.), 800 miles
May 28-29: Pueblo Motorsports Park (Pueblo, Colo.), 925 miles
July 2-3: High Plains Raceway (Deer Trail, Colo.), 975 miles

Good way to kill national level/Majors racing in TX....
Assuming the one additional event will be somewhere in TX, you MIGHT see me at one Majors this year.

Matt93SE":2fbvulcc said:

Assuming the one additional event will be somewhere in TX, you MIGHT see me at one Majors this year.

Yes, not real great, thinking about just joining the Colorado region :roll:

I hear we did try to get a race at TMS, maybe NOLA will be the other date. Surprised we didn't go back to Kansas, that was fun.

Maybe consider moving to North Texas Matt, the tows are not quite as bad :D

To the best of my knowledge, The June Sprints will be a Major in 2016.

The particulars are in active discussion, and have been for quite some time.

I have been led to believe the same situation exists with the Cat.

Matt - that's the reason I'll probably be racing out of Ohio next year. I had a lot of fun racing in the Mid-States this past season, will lots of new tracks and people, but the hours and miles I spent driving to attend events from south Texas was pretty insane, not to mention the extra days off of work to do so.

Matt93SE":24vhdvk4 said:

Still too far even from DFW except for Hallett. When TX stops showing up to the Majors maybe things will change. Sure do miss the good old days of pre-Majors. For now I'm going to just run the SOWDIV events. Hopefully others will as well and we can get some good turnout.

There will be a major at NOLA Feb 27-28. The Houston region RE is out of town and did not have time to review and respond to the letter of intent that Topeka requires before placing a Major on the schedule. This will be done and sent. The other major in Texas is being reviewed by the Houston region board and a date will be coming soon.

I agree with the races in Mid States. Nola is 1300 miles from Denver, Mid-Ohio is 1320. (Google maps) Thats hard to believe it's in the same conference.

We are lucky having 2 in Colorado, probably only because no one else wants them.

Then it's 659 to Hallett, 855 to Gateway and 951 to Texas World or where ever the 6th race ends up.

Had a good time at Kansas Speedway last year, but not enough motor to have a great time.

Also now that you can count out of conference races everyone goes east for their events rather than coming to Colorado.

I think I'll look at the Divisional route. Less travel and the same ability to go to the Runoffs.

OMG Kevin! You had to drive your own rig?!?? :mrgreen:

I do hope the April NW event is Thunderhill. Planning on going again. And completing a few laps more than last year.

Jason, I agree there is a bit too much at once. I prefer to race once per month. I have other things to do. The grass can't go that long without a mow.

Ian Green":287a3lik said:
OMG Kevin! You had to drive your own rig?!?? :mrgreen:
We put 6500 miles on that rig this year, of which I drove 3500 and Dad did 3000. I also did another 2350 miles in the truck, 870 miles in the car, and took four flights.

For five events.

Back