2012 Prod Fest is ON!!

Mark Coffin

Just got word from the NC Region RE that the 2012 Prod Fest is indeed ON!!

So mark your calendar, Oct. 20-21, 2012 at VIRginia International Raceway.

See you there!

Mark

Since I plan to run HSR Savannah again that might make my schedule. Maybe I can talk the Over 50 gang into doing both.

James -R

Hi Mark and Barrie-
I haven't seen anything here lately about Prod Fest. I'm assuming you are still taking donations, but I can't find your address. How about T-shirts? What is the cost, and what sizes are available?
Thanx-
Shelia Hunter
p.s.-we can't wait for your whoopie pies!!!

Slowly grinding my way back onto track. Not making it this year but it's on the list for 2013. Everyone have a great time and be safe!

Shelia Hunter":34ss5fit said:
Hi Mark and Barrie-
I haven't seen anything here lately about Prod Fest. I'm assuming you are still taking donations, but I can't find your address. How about T-shirts? What is the cost, and what sizes are available?
Thanx-
Shelia Hunter
p.s.-we can't wait for your whoopie pies!!!

Hi Sheila,

Barrie's been working on the Prod Fest stuff (t-shirts, donations, etc). There will be more news coming soon as far as prices, sizes, etc.

If anyone wants to reserve a t-shirt beforehand, you can contact us a Scirocco14gp AT bellsouth DOT net. Just let us know how many, what sizes, etc. we can collect payment before hand via Paypal, once we know the prices, or collect the money at the track.

And the whoopie pies are coming...she's going to try a new flavor this year and I get to be the guinea pig. :)

Mark

This year's Prod Fest t-shirt. Thanks to Joe C.!! The back of the shirts will have the 2011 Prod Fest podium finishers listed.

Barrie is taking t-shirt pre-orders. Contact her at Barrie2 AT bellsouth DOT net. We can do long sleeve, short sleeve t-shirts and sweatshirts.

See the ordering information below..

Mark

OK, just an update. Barrie says we are doing sweatshirts too.

here is the info that she sent out via her e-mail list:

Prices are the same as last year's….I can get larger sizes, but they will cost a couple $ more. Just let me know the size and I can give you a price.
short sleeve T - $17 (S-XXL)
long sleeve T - $20 (S-XXL)
sweatshirt - $25 (S-XXL - the sweatshirt will be a similar color - black heather i think? - but not exactly the same because the dark heather is not available in that brand/style)

Let me know which type of shirt, quantities and sizes. Shipping is about $5.50 for a single shirt, more for additional shirts or sweats. Once I get ready to ship after Prod Fest, I can get your zip and give you the exact amount.

Payments can be sent to me at:
Barrie Coffin
110 Windsong Hills Dr
Mills River, NC 28759

OR via PayPal to:
scirocco14gp (at) bellsouth.net but, please put PF in the notes AND check "Gift" so that we do not incur fees.

or of course, you can pay at Prod Fest although i have to pay for everything up front, so any $ I can get early is great! :)

Also, all class t-shirt sponsorships are taken (thank you Les Chaney, Randy Carter and John Hewell!) EXCEPT GTL, if anyone would like to sponsor GTL, just let me know. first email to me gets it. It is $55 and includes a free t-shirt (let me know your size).

As of today, we only have 9 entries. :(

Where is everbody???

Group 2 9 entries
# Name Class Year Make Sponsor Hometown
1 Reynolds, Chuck E Production 1974 BMW 2002 tii Cumming, GA
5 Fouse, Sam GT-Lite 1994 Mazda MX3 Mazdaspeed/Dennis Shaw Racesports Raleigh, NC
07 Hulse II, Alan F Production 1985 Volkswagen Cabriolet Hooser, Atlantic Auto Works, Appalachian Race Tire Sebastian, FL
12 Crandall, Gregg F Production 1967 Porsche 912 Lynchburg, VA
17 Moore, Sam F Production 1970 Volvo 142 Bavarian Motors, Hoosier Tire, Young Racing Kannapolis, NC
33 Chaney, Les F Production 1972 Volvo 142e Back Pocket Eden, NC
39 Bryson, David F Production Mazda Miata Roadster AutoSport, RaceSports, Goodyear Clemmons, NC
77 Hunter, Bill H Production 1986 Honda CRX Hanover HondaSports Inc. Montpelier, VA
94 Weedon, Michael F Production Honda CRX Hanover HondaSports Glen Allen, VA

I plan to be there. Will register next Monday if the car and I survive the SIC.

I think one or two more HP cars will register also.

John Hewell
29 HP Sprite

We're up to 12 entries as of today.

I hope that everyone takes advantage of this great event, because if the car turnouts are low it will be hard to convince the NC region to continue giving us our own race group in the future.

This is one of the biggest Prod ONLY races in the country during the year that is exclusively dedicated to the Prod Classes (plus our close cousin GTL), come on out and join in on the fun. No SRF's, IT cars, or ST classes to deal with. Just your buds in Prod Cars.

Plus the Prod Fest party is second to none. If you haven't had one of Barrie's whoopie pies, you're missing out. This year our dedicated cook Tom says he's going to be making homemade Chili in addition to our usual smorgasbord of Angus Burgers, Nathan's Hot Dogs, and Barrie's homemade sausage/peppers/onions. The party will be easy to find; just look for the only HORSE trailer in the paddock. :cowboy: Yes, we'll be bringing our horse trailer to carry all the supplies for the party since we sold our racecar & trailer. Road apples are no extra charge. :lol:

Also, this year's PLN Prod Fest Spirit Award will be selected in a different manner: the DRIVERS & Crew will get to vote for the winner! :applause:

As a surprise, this year's Podium finishers will also get a special prize/trophy that hasn't been done before at the Prod Fest. You'll just have to wait and see what it is. :think:

There's still time to get out in the garage, get the car ready for one last big race of the year. :mrgreen:

Hope to see everyone there,

Mark

Jay R. Creel":2j6z34sk said:
what is the entry fee? site has a few different numbers

I'm not sure, not my department. :mrgreen:

I'd bet the reason for the different numbers is because they're holding an enduro (ECR), a SARRC event (regional - Prod Fest is Group 2 SARRC), and another Pro series.

I'll check and get back.

Edit: $205 for the SARRC event. THAT's the event you want to sign up for. GROUP 2 SARRC race.

Mark

Mark, my credit card was charged $185 for group 2 SARRC entry--what a deal !! I challenge non FP guys to beat our numbers !! :D

Sam Moore":x3eiroq4 said:
Mark, my credit card was charged $185 for group 2 SARRC entry--what a deal !! I challenge non FP guys to beat our numbers !! :D

I was going by what was in the supps, but if that's what they're charging the folks had better sign up now before they change it!!!

Mark

LAST CHANCE TO ORDER PROD FEST SHIRTS!!

see previous messages for pricing info and design. short sleeved Ts, long sleeved Ts and sweatshirts available

we MUST have your order by tomorrow (Thurs, Oct 4th) evening!

you can post your order here, or email Barrie at: barrie2 (at) bellsouth (dot) net

Back