2011 Production Car Festival

Prod Fest Whoopie Pies : Pumpkin Spice or Chocolate???

• Chocolate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pumpkin Spice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Here is the design for the 2011 Prod Fest t-shirt. Thanks to Joe C. for his excellent design skills.

If you'd like a shirt, please e-mail Barrie directly: barrie2 (at) bellsouth.net

Also, please specify whether you'd like a short sleeve or long sleeved shirt in addition to the quantity and sizes desired.

Barrie sent out a mass e-mail to folks who have ordered in the past, but just in case, here is the info:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Black t-shirts, main design on the front, list of last year's winners on the back (EP, FP, HP and GTL)

t-shirt - short sleeved - $17 (S-XXL) XXXL - $20 4X and 5X - $22

t-shirt - long sleeved - $20 (S-XXL), XXXL - $22 4X and 5X - $24

sweatshirts (black) - $25 (S-XXXL only)

Please let me know how many of each type of shirt you want and what size. Please inquire about shipping costs if you want them shipped to you.

Payment:

PayPal is easiest - sent to scirocco14gp (at) bellsouth.net Please do as personal/gift so that we do not incur fees!

or you can send a check to me at:

Barrie Coffin
110 Windsong Hills Dr
Mills River, NC 28759

or pay at the track.

Since I pay for everything upfront out of my own pocket, any money I can get now really helps out. :)

Here is the design again for the front. The text colors may change slightly or not at all. I will forward the final design (front and back) once we have it.

Hmmmm...interesting trend in the Whoopie Pie poll voting. There are more chocolate lovers out there than we thought!

Keep the votes coming!

Mark

Updated t-shirt ordering info, re: shipping costs.

Also, we're looking for nominees for the PLN Prod Fest Spirit Award. If there is a prod racer at the Prod Fest who you think P. L. Newman would have enjoyed sitting down with and having a Budweiser while talking prod racing, please let us know who that might be!! :whisper:

Mark

Ooops, I can't find the whoopie pie flavor voting poll. Doesn't matter all that much, I guess. BUT I do have a request from a small but important group of DC non-attendees to bring some back home. Cash $$$ bribes may be involved. I personally am not averse to a little graft ... Barrie?

anne callihan":dc2jj71l said:
Ooops, I can't find the whoopie pie flavor voting poll. Doesn't matter all that much, I guess. BUT I do have a request from a small but important group of DC non-attendees to bring some back home. Cash $$$ bribes may be involved. I personally am not averse to a little graft ... Barrie?

Anne, it's at the top of the page.

AND Barrie says she CAN be bribed. :mrgreen:

Mark

The chocolate flavor prototype recipe for the Prod Fest was tested at the SARRC Invitational Challenge this weekend and passed with flying colors. Barrie is going to tweak it just a little bit to make it even better. So those of you who are voting for Chocolate in the poll will be taken care of!!!

Mark

I think it is safe to say that VIR can't be done without a full set of gears in the gearbox, so it turns out I will not be there as an entrant/driver. :doh:
Jury is still out on if I will come down to crew.

It looks pretty much like I will not be running the Prod Fest again this year. I was prepping the car this past weekend and found something that I can not correct in time.

I will most likely still be there in some capacity though.

It really looks like it is just not meant for me to run this race anymore for some reason.

Greg Nagy":32shwlro said:
I think it is safe to say that VIR can't be done without a full set of gears in the gearbox, so it turns out I will not be there as an entrant/driver. :doh:
Jury is still out on if I will come down to crew.

...+1. Another one lost to Summit Point this weekend. I dropped a cylinder on the 2nd to last lap. Haven't figured out why and Tom's fixin to go on a business trip up til the Thursday just before Prod Fest. Not enough time to diagnose / fix mine, or to get a running motor back into his. We won't be able to make it either. ~sigh~ :(

Unfortunately I too will not be bringing a car but it looks like I might have to be coming that way to deliver my trailer that I sold.

I'm still working on the my scheduling but does anyone have a crew spot for me if I come? Right now I'm at about 98% I'll be there on Friday or Saturday.

Empty trailer heading from Michigan to VA.

1/2 fully dually going back from NC and Michigan. Taking orders for the racer network delivery system. Could pull a trailer if needed.

Save a whoopie pie for me!

Peter Morton

Computer issues, broken throttle body shaft(s) and a dwindling calendar make it look more and more doubtful. On top of that, the motor felt like crap at the SIC - no punch - or else the old driver was just punchy. Anyone have an automatic TB for a 1.6 Miata? Jesse P. has a very nice piece, but it is not in the budget at this time. Maybe next year.

On the computer front, anyone up to speed on a MS3? Got the thing built & programmed but not wired for the Miata. Need pinout examples.

cheers
Henry

Peter is doing the racer network delivery service for me, offering to transport some rear glass fenders from Keith Church and Prodbodies for my Datsun.

So I gotta ask if there's anyone who can get them from Peter in MI farther west to me in WI?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Here's the entry list as of Monday, Oct. 17th. Should be some good racing!!!

E Production 12 entries
# Name Year Make Sponsor Hometown
3 Spruell, Paul 1966 Alfa Romeo Spider Spruell Motorsport Tucker, GA
11 Leigh, Kevin 1997 BMW Z3 2.8 JBS Racing Harrisonburg, VA
17 Moore, Sam 1999 BMW Z3 Hoosier Tire/Bavarian Motors/OPM Kannapolis, NC
32 Upchurch, Jr, Grayson 1970 Datsun srl311 Denver, NC
36 Norris, Rick Chevrolet Corvair Corvair Alley Hurricane, WV
43 Reilly, Jim D. Jensen Healey Coram, NY
50 Carter, Randy 2000 Lotus Caterham 7 RPM Engineers/Titan Machine/SSI Enterprises Forest, VA
55 Etchells, James 1990 Mazda Miata ETCH RACING Wendell, NC
62 Sturgeon, Bill 1997 BMW Z3 Charlotte, NC
65 Wilcox, Miner 2001 Caterham 7 america cff farms Wingina, VA
82 Mitchell, Melanie 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Red Crown Farm Smithfield, VA
87 Boatwright Jr, Russ 1989 Mazda mazda rx7 Palms Conway, SC

F Production 11 entries
07 Hulse II, Alan 1985 Volkswagen Cabriolet Hooser, Atlantic Auto Works, Appalachian Race Tire Sebastian, FL
7 Payne, Henry 1991 Mazda MX5 Miata Dread Nought Racing / HPMotors Auto Care Pelzer, SC
24 Scurria, James 1972 Fiat 124 Spider Auto Ricambi, LLC Norfolk, VA
33 Chaney, Les 1972 Volvo 142e Eden, NC
38 Foster, Bill 1967 MG Midget Greensboro, NC
39 Bryson, David Mazda Miata Roadster AutoSport, RaceSports, Goodyear Clemmons, NC
46 Chance, Charles Elva Courier Richmond, VA
71 Maynard, Ken Porsche 1969 912 West Carolina Freightliner Greensboro, NC
74 Perkins, Barry 1981 MG B Lenoir City, TN
76 Holod, Charles MG Midget Zoar Racing Augusta, GA
94 Weedon, Michael Honda CRX Hanover HondaSports Glen Allen, VA

H Production 9 entries
0 Kirkland, Cason 1985 Honda CRX Hanover Honda Motorsports Ashland, VA
29 Hewell, John 1962 Austin Sprite Comptune/Hoosier/K Bock/Bev Walhalla, SC
31 Coffin, Robert 1987 Volkswagen Scirocco Trsiatram's Garage Dobson, NC
37 Church, Keith 1973 Toyota Corolla Prodbodies Raceglass Greensboro, NC
41 Canfield, Randy 1960 Austin-Healey Sprite Callihan's B & nB Gaithersburg, MD