• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes

• Total voters

Mark Coffin

Just starting a thread for the 2011 Prod Fest. It will be held Oct. 22-23 at VIRginia International Raceway, as part of the 2012 SARRC races held there that weekend.

With the discussion of bringing back GP, I've started the wheels rolling with the SARRC series to see what it would take to reinstate GP as a regional-only class in the SARRC series, and thus the Prod Fest. Even if it just brings back a few GP cars that are languishing in garages, it'd be nice to get them back out there!

Basically we'd just use the GCR/PCS from 2007/2008 (adding back some of the cars that were moved out of GP like the 1147 spits, 1098 Spridgets). This would make it simple for the SARRC rules keepers and the tech folks at the races. Since this a "new" class, we have the latitude to do some "tweaking" to the specs to help even out the inequities that created some overdogs and chased cars away. The initial thoughts are to reduce the weights on the smaller roadsters back to pre-lead trophy days (1580 lbs on the Spits, 1520 on the Spridgets for example) and adjust the "big bore" tin tops by reducing the choke sizes AND reducing weight. In theory this brings the cars' performance envelopes more in line with each other. I also like the idea of jettisoning some of the lead trophies on other cars that drove folks away (on the Fiats for example). And help the former limited prep GP cars such as the Volvo and Golfs have a chance that they really never had.

The idea is to ENCOURAGE folks to race GP and listen to the racers' ideas for the class. Then try to do what it takes to make a balanced, competitive class.

I'll keep this thread updated throughout the year with news, sponsorship announcements, etc.

Put the 2011 Prod Fest on your calendar, it'll be better than ever!!

Thanks,

Mark

PS...Edit: I decided to take the poll down because it could easily be skewed by nonparticipants or non-GP racers. Instead, if you would like to see GP at the Prod Fest in 2011, please comment as a reply. I'd like to see who's interested.

Well if you list my car in G, I can run H or G, wherever I am needed.

I can finish last in G or mid pack in H, I am happy if I just finish, most of the time I do actually finish.

If somebody buys the G car that is currently on E-bay, that will be one more.

Mark
Having the G cars come back would be a good thing even if it is only regional.
We will be there this year.
cheers
dave parker

Back