2011 National schedules

Just found this on the DMVR message board.

http://www.forums.dmvrscca.org/forums/v ... f=8&t=2210

Not sure of how the schedule is going to sake out. It sounds like it was a couple of people were not wanting to play together.

Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 10:31:32 -0800

For immediate press release

Due to differences of opinion on the direction each club wishes to pursue, Des Moines Valley Region SCCA and Nebraska Region SCCA are in the process of dissolving their joint venture of Missouri Valley Race Group. It is the hope of both parties that this split will have minimal impact on either of the regions or the rest of the Midwest Division. We ask for everyone’s co-operation to make this a friendly separation so we may be able to continue to support each others events via workers, racers, and support for other needs the two regions may provide each other, which could lead to a much more successful future for both of the regions as they follow their separate wishes for future racing events

As details are finalized, more information will be made public.

Missouri Valley Race Group

MVRG was formed in 2002, for the purpose of helping DMVR and NE Region to put on races at MAM, in Council Bluffs. At that time they could not afford to put on races independently. Now, with the funds in MVRG that has built up over the years (DMVR and NE Region both own 50% of MVRG) we will each be able to do so.

This also allows us to set up the type of races we feel we would like to see in our region that are successful, whereas before we had to negotiate this, and usually it meant one region did not get what they wanted, as each region had different ideas on what type of races should be held and where to hold them.

Currently, the racing schedule shows that MVRG is going to put on three races for 2011. We have fullest intentions of making sure all three of these races are still going to happen and the only change is who will put it on.

We are currently negotiating with NE Region as to which races DMVR will put on, and which ones NE Region will put on.

We are asking all Race Officials, Workers, and Club Racers to continue to support all of these events! Our NE Region friends need our help to make their event successful, and we need their support to make ours successful.

The only real difference we should see is who to make the check out to when you sign up to race. You will see the same friendly faces, and Racers you always see at MAM!

If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact any of your DMVR Board Members or myself. In the meantime, we appreciate your support as we continue our growth and expansion of our successful Club Racing Program!

Best to all,

Racer Dan

More Information from the NR message board.

Nebraska Region Members:

The Des Moines Valley and Nebraska Regions SCCA have opted to dissolve Missouri Valley Race Group, L.L.C. organization which was setup to jointly host SCCA Club Racing events at the tracks located in the Nebraska Region.

Nebraska region is committed to continuing the Club Racing program at a level that adequately services all of our racers and workers. We are also committed to maintaining a relationship of close co-operation with Des Moines Valley Region for the continued success of the Midwest Division SCCA Club Racing Program.

While it is fully expected that this split will have a minimal impact on the overall Club Racing program of Nebraska Region and Des Moines Valley Region, the Nebraska Region would like to see heightened level of involvement on behalf of the Club Racers and Workers to make the transition as smooth as possible. The best way for the Club Racers and Workers to increase their involvement and ensure the future of the program is to recruit more drivers and workers into the program.

Currently, after the dissolution is formalized, the tentative race schedule for 2011 will be:

-April 15-17: Double-School, Double-Regional, Enduro at Mid America Motorplex
-June 4-5: Regional, National, IT Tour at Mid America Motorplex
-August 20-21: Regional, National, IT Tour at Mid America Motorplex*
-October 15-16: Regional, Regional at Motorsports Park Hastings (MidAm Bonus Regional Event)*

Nebraska Region looks forward to working with the Des Moines Region SCCA, as well as Club Racers and Workers from the Midwest Division and beyond.

Please look back here in the coming days for additional information. If there are any questions, please contact anyone on the Board of Governors directly for answers.

-Nebraska Board of Governors

*Weekend formats subject to change.

Posted by Matthew Cox

So what caused this? Wanted to do double Rationals? or was this along time coming?
Keith V
Oklahoma Regions newest Sucker (RE).

what caused this?

a couple people thinking they're more important than they really are and get into a pissing match.

tnord":18gmzuro said:
what caused this?

a couple people thinking they're more important than they really are and get into a pissing match.

From my understanding DMVR was already talking with MAM and had gotten a "no loss deal" for the S/S/R/R if they would host 3 dates at MAM. NR wanted another dates at MPH but really did not start pushing for these dates until after the Oct race. This caused the issues between DMVR RE and NR RE. Again this is all by talking with other people. It did turn into a pissing match and MRVG was the child that lost out along with the racers.

The dates are set but it is not sure which region will be handling which race weekend. I have proposed that the June date at MAM be turned into a double Rational and currently sending out e-mails. If you support or do not support converting the R/N/IT date in June at MAM to a the double Rational please let the regional and divisional BoD know you feelings.

Please note the number of races for IT cars will not change. There will be in effect one more National race on the schedule (now a double weekend) and non IT regional cars will now have a double race weekend. I am saying we change the June date because it will give more time for Runoff prep for the national cars. Most national drives try and get all the races done early and the August date will be to late and I don't think the turn out would be as good.

The change effects the novice permit racers who just got their license at the double school in April. But there are still 7 regional other races and 12 IT other races dates left on the schedule after the school.

I will post up by e-mail and my e-mail contact list later today.

Rumor I heard is there is a good chance of a N/N/IT/IT tour or Rational/ Rational in August....

The other Rumor is:
Hi! NRSCCA Race Chair guy here....
We have been tossing around the idea of having a quite a different format "MPH in october" race.. NASA-style, Saturday have a qual/practice session, then a 10ish lap heat race(no points), have it count for Qualifying, then a saturday Main race. Sunday morning have a heat race,10ish laps, position determined by the finish of saturdays heat race or main race. Sundays heat race will also be qual for sun main race.

So Who is in favor of 4 RACES In one weekend?
I have raced with this format in the past and IT keeps you hustling, but holy cow its fun!!!!!! Mucho Track time!!!!!
You, the racer, can help us find the pros and cons of such a format. If you have concerns, let me know.
Thanks
Lael

I've run that format several times and my only complaint was when "they" forgot how to grid from day to day.

But the racing and track time was way more fun than a normal SCCA race weekend.

james

For you folks in Midwest Division, the Hallett Super Sweeps Race is a week earlier than published. It will be the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of April. CVAR beat us to our normal date this year so PLEASE change your calenders.
Keith V

Back