13 inch take-off slicks - NE Ohio

John McFarland

I have one set of old slicks and would like to find a fresher set of rubber. I have one mounted set of 20x8x13's on 13x6 BMW wheels. I have another set of wheels, no tires.

I used to get take-offs from Ron Bartell. Ron, are you still out there? Anything left from the Runoffs?

I'm in Northeast Ohio in Mentor.

440-669-9841 cell

John -

Due to the unexpected end to my season in July, I gave mine away already this year. But, in the future, hit me up when you need some. I'll have 1-2 sets of takeoffs a year. I run the Goodyear 1705's (20x8-13 R430 compound) and am located in Medina. Could meet along 271 or do local pickup at Nelson or Mid O and save you on shipping $$.

Jason

Also, for future reference, consider making a post like this BEFORE the Runoffs. I'm sure somebody from your area could have brought back several cast offs from either other drivers or GY themselves.

My personal experience is that I've brought motors, trannys, wheels, tires, fiberglass, etc. to and from the event as its a great place to swap crap around.

Dayle

I'm a little slow on all this. Been focused too much on the kids stuff and not my stuff. No biggie if I don't find anything close.

John McFarland":28ge4lix said:
Ron, are you still out there?
One word - Radials, my friend, Radials

Made arrangements for some takeoffs at RA but will have some early next year.

I have more tires than I know what to do with, but one day might have to use radials.

Anything special for setting up a front drive car with radials?? My only adjustments are at the front, of course the back tires don't do much anyhow.

Ted, you need lots of camber with radial slicks, more like an IT car on DOT tires. Target hot tire pressures are 28 - 30 psi.

I have heard of needing more camber, of course I can only adjust that at the front. Right now I adjust to almost one deg of camber

What about other things like the toe. I normally set just a tiny amount of toe-out, less than 1/16 inch.

I normally set the tire pressures with the tires cold, if I recall properly 17 front and 19 rear. The cold setting on the rear is higher since they don't get as hot. These cold pressures seem to get things right at temp. Would this be similar with radials?

John and many others are front drive. Is there a similar advantage in front drive to using the radials??

Back