I'aaaam back! (Actually not yet but trying to get there)

Erickz

Be scared...be very scared...and yes, I don't know how to upload JPEG files. Arrrgh!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    729.7 KB · Views: 71,466
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    729.7 KB · Views: 71,466
Eric,
I think you need to add a diagonal bar to your main hoop. You may also need a horizontal bar about even with the top of doors. Make sure your seat is going to fit. Any clearance problem will be up high and not down low. Now is the time to check these things and not after you're done with paint or worse yet at the track.

Diagonal bar has been added since this photo and there is a horizontal that is not visible.
Thanks!

Erickz":1y6nh1lu said:
Diagonal bar has been added since this photo and there is a horizontal that is not visible. Thanks!

I may be missing something, curious how your horizontal meets this rule?

b. Cars must incorporate a main hoop horizontal brace at the approximate level of the driver’s shoulders but not lower than the shoulder belt mounting point as described in section 9.3. Driver’s Restraint Systems. If a double-diagonal “X” brace is used in the plane of the main hoop, a half-width horizontal brace may be used behind the driver’s seat to mount the seat back and shoulder harness as shown in figure 13.

I am pretty tucked down in the car - we are allowed to remove six inches of rear bulkhead to fit (cannot quote chapter and verse at the moment) - look at Huffaker's Spridget (I think he is north of 6'4" tall). Anyway - did a call with Denver to get their blessing, they showed us how Mr. Huffaker did his.
Thanks!

Thank you. It turned out pretty well. It doesn't have the depth like you find on say on Dayle Frame's Ferrari but it looks good. Please don't tell anyone but we did it with foam rollers using Rustoleum paint.
EZ

We're going to get the wheels under it and go from there. I was very impressed with Mr Linn's 2016 Championship car - so going in that direction re flares.

does the photo being upside down have anything to do with the car being squashed? :)
(sorry for the damage.. that suuucks)

Appears the profile of your front tires also stick out beyond the fender when viewed from above. you may want to revisit your body work one more time and ensure it's tech shed legal.

Back