ITA 91 CRX conversion to FP

raffaelli":yhnvv1x0 said:
So, been kicking this around for a week or so. I think I am going to pull the trigger on a set of MCS 2wnr.

Picked up a set of these for a C5 Corvette we are working on, very cool adjusters, can't wait to see how they perform.

MCS shocks work great. Cool top adjusters with compression and rebound. Ran these on a T3 370z and just put a set on an MX5. Very nice shocks.

Anyone know what the Amp rating is of the Z spades on the kill switch?

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/docum ... =TECH00109

4430-TERMINALS-WIRING-2-1200w.jpg

That circuit is usually configured for the alternator exciter/ field wire . low amp.
Skip the ignition switch and power up that directly from the master.

I pulled the glass out of my car. I am going to install lexan using screws and rivnuts. But, I have seen a few videos where people are using velcro instead of screws

Stick to the screws and rivnuts or is velcro acceptable?

I was thinking to use straps and clips on the windshield and hatch window. Velcro all of them.

Seems like velcro fits the definition of fastner.

Fasteners – Any mechanism which serves no other purposes than to cause a component to maintain a fixed
position (e.g. bolt, nut, screw, etc.).

raffaelli":q4zt1527 said:
I was thinking to use straps and clips on the windshield and hatch window. Velcro all of them...Seems like velcro fits the definition of fastner.
The purpose of clips and straps is to retain the glass/polycarbonate within the vehicle in cases of hard hits and rollovers, and to also keep it from intruding inward.

I suggest Velcro isn't up to that requirement.

Note that this is from the guy that pissed off a few people because I got glued-in glass exempted from the clips/straps requirement...

Use screws and rivnuts.

GA

Greg Amy":1lc6udyk said:
raffaelli":1lc6udyk said:
I was thinking to use straps and clips on the windshield and hatch window. Velcro all of them...Seems like velcro fits the definition of fastner.
The purpose of clips and straps is to retain the glass/polycarbonate within the vehicle in cases of hard hits and rollovers, and to also keep it from intruding inward.

I suggest Velcro isn't up to that requirement.

Note that this is from the guy that pissed off a few people because I got glued-in glass exempted from the clips/straps requirement...

Use screws and rivnuts.

GA

I was thinking of the clips and straps and velcro on the windshield, straps and velcro on the hatch and velcro on the side windows.

But, I think I will just stick with the screws instead of the velcro. I think the failure point in the velcro could be the glue on a hot day.

Ya, not sure how Velcro would be beneficial. it may hold it down on the edges, but can imagine that being an absolute bear to get off over several feet of velcro strip. you would either pull the adhesive off or work to get one corner of the window up, then it would stick back down when you moved to another corner.

I'd rather envision a foam gasket around the edge to provide water seal and a bunch of screws and straps to retain it.

reality may be entirely different, but that's just me thinking out loud.

I use 8-32 or 10-32 flat head socket screws and nylock nuts, and cover the mounting surface with quality foam weatherstripping, 3/8 - 1/2" thick, as Matt says. Be sure to drill the holes in the lexan and the mounting surface oversized, and countersink the lexan, as the lexan will shrink and expand quite a bit with temperature, which will cause cracking at the holes unless you leave clearance. I tighten just enough to compress the foam to about half of it's original thickness. YMMV

Thanks guys. Countersunk screws and foam it is. I love how easy it is to work in the dash without the windshield in the way.

Who should I talk to about building an engine?

Back