prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: PRI 2018
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:44 am 

I'm reading the Nov 2018 issue of the PRI magazine and they have an article about the sanctioning bodies that have a booth at this years show. Lots listed including a local midwest club. Guess who is not listed nor is having a booth.....
I shouldn't be surprised I guess. One of the biggest racing trade shows... Oh well....
Anyways stop by booth #2634 in the green hall and say hi!

Post subject: Re: PRI 2018
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:16 am 

surprised?

Joe Harlan Member #175515

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:52 pm 

Bob Clark wrote:
I'm reading the Nov 2018 issue of the PRI magazine and they have an article about the sanctioning bodies that have a booth at this years show. Lots listed including a local midwest club. Guess who is not listed nor is having a booth.....
I shouldn't be surprised I guess. One of the biggest racing trade shows... Oh well....
Anyways stop by booth #2634 in the green hall and say hi!

Might not have signed on in time to be listed in the magazine, but SCCA will have a booth.

https://pri2018.mapyourshow.com/7_0/flo ... booth~7193

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:12 am 

After all its the secret car club of America. There booth as usual will be in the coat closet at the far end of the hall, in case anyone is interested. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:32 am 

:roll:

If they did go with a big display that was prominently displayed in the program and on the floor, then there'd be a thread here about the national office wasting your money.

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:49 am 

PRI is not our demographic. It is for those in the trade to exchange tech info and engineering/ machining info and contacts. As far as finding new members among the wandering masses- there will be very few interested in joining SCCA .
A small booth is all that is needed. IMHO. SCCA did the big deal with B Spec and the manufacturers a few years ago. I wonder how that worked out.

Maybe give the regions some cash to send their members to cars and coffee , or the drive in car shows? Take a Solo car, Road race car , rally cross. etc. Race video from the flag station etc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:23 am 

It's conveniently located right in front of a restaurant/ food stand/whateveryouwanttocallit. A place where people will be looking for a place to sit down and kill a few minutes while they choke down their cheeseburger and get away from their booth. it's actually not a bad spot if I had to take a guess...

when I was involved with a local Z car club, we would request that our booth be placed near the food so people would linger around the booth longer while waiting for their food. the years we did that, we had greater traffic and more new members sign than when we were front row center and stuck in the aisles where people just wanted to glance at cars and move by.

Yes this is a different demographic, but how many people in this industry are interested in racing? Then again it's kinda like selling a toothbrush to your dentist....

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:12 pm 

Weren't they sharing a booth with someone else at last years show? I do remember talking to someone from the SCCA last year.