Schenley Park 2018 vintage race photo link

I was at the first weekend of this event at Pitt Race Complex. Really neat to see so many cars from days past.

Too bad more cities do not get involved with this type of event. Neat to see the look on the kids faces when they see these cars.

Toni and I drove from Barnardsville, NC to Burnsville, NC on Saturday in our "new" 96 Jaguar Vanden Plais. What a great road for a hillclimb. There was a set of four switch backs like in the Andes on the Burnsville side. Had we been going up instead of down the mountain, I might have misbehaved.

Thanks for the great pictures.

XeidZqx1jIxuyhg4Xnm2_7vzJmcHPlEYncHHk74lh--3X_lqIcE7r9yoeK_89LMrRQKIH9ndcB8-DERywz08Uzw_SL6dxeptNlRmzybWGYaw0UK2B51OhloXyM23S19fx8Cl00zAdzPN0_W-Utp4S_-9BmOehfv2zE5u5hlZTh9ELvX2vaGkrMh1tJsEo6YQMgGlqgd7F6k2-b8GlcawNOTC-1NBZnwLtUn48k5iJ5p-rimW2INYoiHehmjrY2MLtf519zGvOL7EVJxKJfvRiy4RTDDwCVSiLrLTSYa1aAK3oHgZ7VEZvcIOB6qFKTg7CLmm7b7Eu1UtH9jZ3fUX95EsnZHglME4e2becp2iZt6hWQAW_4zBSj2xHNhUD26NM_QL45v_PdSrpW1dMj0pQNZxz7JEF6eQCL8E4pUtjpHC3FcXwOEXtHTC860cdsKKRMX_SKf3LTfIVI95kBZ9xkd8ng9n1z9KDleHgUiWzKvFnDlcCIAE5qtTxVto1fjnCwxUBnxOyKUMFMmxSCAcIDSLFEgEX7pCsKm5YQWyGIAJUsqMZY_eXh4_SKEq4J6lHa142fTTN1O08sLr03YusE3AwjB6iWJKXs9cM815oZq3TAism4jJ70UsXMYUMfL2tlYy1__sea0fGKYAGDB8OW5_DIGo2E61BQ=s250-k-rw-no

Awesome.. :)

FP Racer":3digmey3 said:
I was at the first weekend of this event at Pitt Race Complex. Really neat to see so many cars from days past.

Me too... sorry to miss you. Ran the ex-Ken Lawrence GP Spitfire with flames, ...couldn't get 2nd gear after first race, so spectated rest of weekend. Lots of spectators with me. Was nice to see/visit with Kas Kastner, again......he and wife drove in from Calif., not bad for a guy 95 or so, has geat stories. Big collection of quick, GT6s, at event, mostly "Dolans", local vintage folks. Mike Jackson (VDCA guru) was fastest TR3... Jerry Barker (ex GP champ) brought a neat Herald from west coast. Sam Halkius was fastest in Cup race with his TR6. K Cup will be on west coast next year...Kas said he'd appreciate it if others make the drive....

Denny Wilson (ex TR6/Doc Bundy foe in DP) ran away for wins in his Lotus 7 (Mecum Auctions sponsored...) Bob Criss (ex FP national champ) ran a vey stout Volvo...Even had a couple of GT40s, and a MK4 Ford (not sure if real or continuation...but, very cool.) Weather for weekend was prefect. High in mid 70's, clear, slight breeze. Pittsburgh International is an extremely nice facility.

Totally different tract/event at Schenley the following weekend, but as pictures tell, cool on a different plane...

Okie

Back